SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FT: 2002 Fender AVRI '62 Custom Telecaster

What's Hot

(This is the actual guitar but not my own pics of it - I'll get better ones asap)

Fantastic guitar, just not a fan of the colour, which is "Ocean Turquoise".

This is a lovely double-bound, alder body, rosewood fretboard American Vintage Reissue Telecaster. It has the stock '62 Custom pickups that were designed for it. It's in great condition, comes with the brown G7G tolex case with gold interior and the candy including the ashtray bridge cover and spare six-saddle bridge.

Full disclosure: there is the faintest trace of a star impression on the body behind the bridge and running under the control plate. Best I can determine it's actually under the finish - I have emailed Fender about it and they've confirmed that it's not a refinished guitar, but have no explanation for the star, so I guess it's possible it was a CS body with a test finish that then got sent to main production and ended up as an AVRI (that's just a theory, it doesn't make it special) either way the star is all but invisible unless you hold the guitar up to the light and look for it. I can't even photograph it because you need to move the guitar around to see it. Other than that it's a solid 9.5/10.

Like I said, the colour is not for me (although it's insanely rare, if you care about that kind of thing) and that's the only reason I'm after trading it, or I'd keep it forever because it's awesome. As such I'd like another AVRI tele. I like blondes, not a fan of reds, black or sunburst. I'd love a '58 or '64 in white or even a '52 in butterscotch. I hear there was one of these '62 customs in inca silver, if you'd trade me for one of the those I'd throw in sexual favours.

I might, MIGHT be persuaded to trade for something other than this, but I have very narrow tastes so it would have to be really nice and of equivalent value, natch. Nothing modern.

Preston-based, can't travel far but will ship.
1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3373
    price?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tex MexicoTex Mexico Frets: 1198
    However much it would cost me to buy one of the abovementioned guitars. There's a '52 AVRI on the bay right now for £975 posted, so I guess that.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2911
    Thats so nice.
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    Magnificent guitar.
    Hey guys,

Promised some better pics, so here they are. The colour was a bastard to photograph as it kept coming out either blue or green so I've photohopped it to get it as close at it looks in real life as I can.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hmm, looking at it the colour is close but still not completely spot-on. Anyone who wants is welcome to come see and try out if they want to.
    Oh, and the fretboard is rosewood, it just went extremely dark when I oiled it.
    Still available.
  • ab2014ab2014 Frets: 89
    Love the colour shame I don't have a tele to trade. Free bump
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1633
    Awesome tele. Great colour.
    Well, folks, so far I have been offered a number of things in exchange for this, between here and facebook groups, some very decent offers, some less decent, some laughable and some frankly insulting, but as yet I have not found anyone who wants to trade their US reissue tele for mine. Someone must be out there! No?
  • LewliganLewligan Frets: 544
    ...some laughable and some frankly insulting
    Has that lad on Facebook offered you his Riviera P93 for it yet..?
    He seems to be on every single group and will offer that same guitar to people constantly regardless of the vast difference in value.

Anyway, I digress... best of luck with the sale mate. It's an absolute effing stunner!!
    Check out my Fretboard Trading Feedback HERE!
    Can't say I've been offered the Riviera P93 yet, but that actually sounds pretty reasonable compared to some of the shit people have sent me pictures of along with their half-arsed, three-word offers: "Trade for this?" - *grainy photo of a Squier with two strings missing, refinished in orange housepaint*.

That being said I have a potential trade happening this weekend if all goes well, so I'll keep this thread updated.
    This has now been traded. Thanks to everyone who took a look.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5100
    Congrats! What did you trade for?
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/