Can I open up my Ibanez TS7 and rewire it to accept centre negative power from my Boss supply?

ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
I've seen those cables that simply have a centre positive at one end and a centre negative at the other, apparently to allow centre positive devices to run from centre negative supply. Can I convert my TS7 internally to do this?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73048
    edited June 2015
    Are you sure it's not centre negative already? I can't remember the 7 series not being…

The schematic shows centre negative too, since i was beginning to doubt myself :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31935
    I have three TS7s in my house, they're all centre negative. How old is yours?
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    As usual, you're right :) Been going through my box of old pedals and I thought this was the one I'd blown by putting the wrong PSU in it! Many thanks.