Bursbucker Pro opinions

samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
So, there's a set going pretty cheap...and have been thinking about changing the Lace Dirty Hershers on my LP...those pickups are really hot and seem to have a lot of low-end to them, which is great...but my LP has 13-60 strings and tuned to B...so it really doesnt need more lowend from the pickup. So much so that the neck pickup is pretty much unuseable for me.

so was thinking about the Burstbucker Pro's as a replacement...are they good and will they be able to handle low tunings without turning to mud?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2769
    One of the reasons I just replaced the bb's in m LP was to get a little more output and thump - I liked them but they were out of balance with my hotter guitars. I don't play dropped timings but if the lower output is ok they might work. I'm not sure they won't be a little wooly in the bass if you want something tighter sounding though.
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    They're fine pups...but I do prefer the 57 Classics meself. That said if some going cheap then try um!
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    thanks guys...once i convert to aud and include shipping it will be about AUD150...so equivelant to about GBP80