Can you identify this neck?

What's Hot
Duppy03Duppy03 Frets: 104
Any one know what make and spec this guitar neck might be?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72560
    The little sculpted ridge on the end makes it look a bit Fenix/Young Chang like (Korean), but I can't find any pics of one that shape or with those inlays, assuming the 'batwing' edge is original. The rather crude truss rod hole looks more recent Chinese.

Don't mess it up by turning it into a fake Tele headstock, anyway! The shape goes quite nicely with the binding and inlays.

You can check the scale length easily enough, just measure from the nut to the 12th fret and double it. I'd be surprised if it wasn't 25.5" though. If it is and it has 21 frets - or 22 with an overhang for the 22nd - it should fit a standard Fender-size body

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    Same headstock as this Alden. The factory in China also builds Jay Tursers and other brands, so it could be anything really.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Duppy03Duppy03 Frets: 104
    Cheers guys. Great info. I don't actually own it, somebody is selling it but can't give me any info regards spec, make etc other "top quality" "tame from a quality guitar model" "if you saw it you'd buy it" "luxury gloss finish".

But from what you guys have found it it definitely looks to be Chinese, so no better than a Squier or equivalent? If so i'll go back and offer him an equivalent price.

He reckons he had it up for £150 originally. Pretty ballsy considering he doesn't even know what it is.
  • monoaminemonoamine Frets: 506
    half that and then offer £65
    1979 Tokai TE-85
    1980 Tokai LS-80
    @monoamine do you reckon its worth that? Squire neck can be found easily enough for around £30. But if it's of higher quality the fair enough.
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    See if you can find a Squier Classic Vibe neck, it'll be much better than this Alden/Turser thing.
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440

I can't imagine that anyone would have sanded the decal off if the neck was a quality brand.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

I've told him i'm not invested. Funny how he could remember the model once I told him it looked like an Alden. He told me he's putting it back up to £150 this weekend if it doesn't sell by friday. Good luck with that.
  • monoaminemonoamine Frets: 506
    nah youre right mate, stick to your guns
    1979 Tokai TE-85
    1980 Tokai LS-80
  • GuitarZeroGuitarZero Frets: 254
    Who's gonna pay £150 for that when you can get a brand new Alden (complete guitar) for under £200?  The bloke is dreaming.