PSA - Gibson Test Drive Day

What's Hot
littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5015
edited June 2015 in Guitar
Dawson's in Liverpool on Saturday. Some Gibson guy will be there with "allegedly" a full range of USA models and you get to have a go. Never actually played a real-life Les Paul, 335 or SG, so I'll be going :)
littlegreenman < My tunes here...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6907
    This kind of thing backs up all the speculation that they are not selling well. Or is it an annual thing?
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540

So, on Saturday, you can go to a guitar shop, and you can try some Gibson guitars. Don't get it. How's that different to last Saturday other than having a Gibson guy giving you the hard sell?

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Let me guess - 10% off? Maybe more? Such events often have a sweetener for spot purchases.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    dindude;675311" said:
    So, on Saturday, you can go to a guitar shop, and you can try some Gibson guitars. Don't get it. How's that different to last Saturday other than having a Gibson guy giving you the hard sell?
    At least if it's a Gibson rep they'll have better product knowledge than your average guitar store employee. You never know he might even look like he wants to be there.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72546
    They're going to lock the doors while they have some kids play SCOM badly for hours. You have to buy a 2015 Gibson to get let out.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Don't know what SCOM is, but I'm glad I won't be in Liverpool this weekend.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7828
    edited June 2015
    Sassafras said:
    Don't know what SCOM is, but I'm glad I won't be in Liverpool this weekend.

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • dindude said:

Free T-Shirts ;)
  • Adam_MD said:
    dindude;675311" said:
    At least if it's a Gibson rep they'll have better product knowledge than your average guitar store employee. You never know he might even look like he wants to be there.
    ^
    Yep, that.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4730
    There was a Gibson tech rep in GuitarGuitar last time I was in there and he was ctually very knowledgeable and helpful.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • littlegreenman;44092" said:
    Dawson's in Liverpool on Saturday. Some Gibson guy will be there with "allegedly" a full range of USA models and you get to have a go. Never actually played a real-life Les Paul, 335 or SG, so I'll be going :)
    when I'd just started playing, a guitar shop let me try a 335 just out of curiosity. It took me a further 10 years to scratch the itch!