anyone got the Bareknuckle P90s?

HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15980
I have plenty of experience with the HBs.......I'm sitting comfy, tell me about the BK P90s?
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TrotterTrotter Frets: 516
    have played some in an SG Special and have to admit they turned a decent little guitar into an absolute ripper. @photek can tell you more as it was his but I was seriously impressed. they never sounded ice picky, very full sounding, warm and "cultured' if that makes sense. Contemplating a set for one of my LP's at the moment. 

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15980
    what's your LP?
    tae be or not tae be
    40th Anni, currently has the original p100's in it which used to sound great but seemed to have deteriorated over the last few years (that or my ears have changed dramatically!)

it's an absolute killer guitar that deserves some great pickups slotting in. Have toyed with the idea of a p90 in the neck and a mini bucker in the bridge ala Neil young and also with the idea of a p90 in the bridge and an anilco v style pickup in the neck like a 54 custom. still umming and arring really. 

edited June 2015

them humbucky p100s same size as p90s yeah? well how about a set of these....?

https://bareknucklepickups.co.uk/main/pickups.php?cat=p90s&sub=p90s&pickup=nantucket_90

tae be or not tae be
    Yep pretty much direct replacement size wise. Those look pretty cool
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I have a Blue Note in a travel guitar and it sounds sweet. Maybe not the best platform for it, but hey...
  • RigsbyRigsby Frets: 62
    I've got a pair of Supermassive 90s in an LP and one single Supermassive in a LP DC Junior and they're well suited to both guitars. A bit more output than some of their other P90s but a very clear, articulate and full sound that has great cleans with the volume pot rolled off and can handle as much gain as you want to throw at them with the volume topped out. Definitely worth checking out.
    ^ not super noisy then in a high gain situation?
    tae be or not tae be
  • RigsbyRigsby Frets: 62
    No, definitely not..... there's a little bit of hum but I've found them to be surprisingly quiet.
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    @FelineGuitars will have some input here I'd think
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11619
    tFB Trader
    They are very good 
    Do you want proper old school P90s or the humbucker size ones?

I've used both and the ones in a HB size are a little less noisy as the can does what it is supposed to !

Mississippi Queen is great and you can use the blue note for the neck 

The Stockholm and Supermassive are also kick ass.

Recently we fitted some ASL Jingo P90 in HB disguise to one of our 20th Anniversary Lions for @hubobulous
    Sound great - very true to an old P90.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!