Pint sized Taylor NGD!

What's Hot
Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
edited June 2015 in Guitar
Those of you that saw my recent thread on travel guitars will already know about this one, but i have purchased a Taylor GS Mini-e mahogany! I've only owned one acoustic before this, and I was really taken aback by it in Andertons when I played the vanilla, spruce version whilst @Bucket bought a 30 fret widdly stick :D 
I think he knew something was up when I ran out of the acoustic booth giggling with a uke- I mean GS Mini in my hands, and then proceeded to not shut the fuck up about it in the car home! 
I tagged along on that trip with the intention of picking between a Martin LX1e and Taylor Baby Taylor and came away rather impressed with the GS, but not it's Taylor price tag of £540! 

(Admittedly the standard acoustic version can be made into an electro acoustic with a little kit pickup for another £70. But the ES-go as it's called is just a bit shit compared to the electro acoustic GS with the ES-T system built in.

After listening to a *lot* of youtube videos from The Acoustic Letter, and a couple tweets to Tony Polecastro I decided the mahogany version was the one for me, and of course it had to be the ES-T version! 
Given that Taylor made the GS Mini in so many variants (natural, Rosewood backed, figured backed, 'hog, and Koa with Electro and acoustic versions of each some with pickguards, others without) at so many different points in time over the last few years I was about ready to resign myself to 6+ months of waiting for a 'hog Mini-e to arrive at an affordable price and preferably without the Tortoise shell pickguard.

Until I searched gumtree, and one popped up for £350.

Quick text to the number in the ad, and a 9 day wait for our calendars to coordinate and I have bought a GS mini! 

This thing is in pristine condition, 100% dink free with only the area where the scratchplate normally is being polished from use. He'd even upgraded the bridge pins to brass at a cost of £30! 
It really does feel like a new guitar. 

Anyway, enough of my poorly paragraphed ramblings (iPad, sorry!) and onto a couple pics! (I'll get some proper nice ones in some sun tomorrow) 

'Awibble'
Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2170
    That is rather lovely congratulations.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bron_Yr_AurBron_Yr_Aur Frets: 99
    edited June 2015
    I tried all of these in Andertons on Monday too. Lovely. I think that the koa one will be being ordered shortly. It had a bit more 'zing' for me than the mahogany which is what I need with our band, but for solo stuff the mahogany was lovely and warm sounding. Good purchase! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    HNGD! Thats a belter! Ive got the mahogany Baby T which won me over on the fit and finish, lovely tone and superb playability. Congrats!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Happy NGD mate!

Sorry I haven't seen this sooner, been at Hellfest this weekend so I haven't been able to get on the forum - I did play that GS-Mini in the shop as well, it was very, very nice (never played a bad Taylor tbh)  and I'm glad you've picked your own up for such a good price!

I'll get myself a 114CE sooner or later and we'll have an acoustic jam :D
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom