The inserts are lifting on my buds epiphone bass ... Advice please.

stuagustuagu Frets: 334
So... The stud inserts have started to lift on my buds Jack Cassidy bass. He's give it me to take to my fix it guy but I'm wondering if it's a case of just glueing these babies back in or will they just Lift again? I don't want to waste his cash if I can just put a bit of glue on and tap em down? Any advice will be very much appreciated. Can do a pic in mornin if it'd help.. Thnx in advance Gu
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72550
    This is a fairly common problem. Use high-strength (not quick set) epoxy.

In order to stop the glue forcing up inside the threads and making it impossible to get the posts in, you need to do it with the posts in place and fully down. Lightly grease the ends of the posts first, which will stop the glue sticking to them.

You probably need to clamp or weight them into place to stop any trapped air pushing them back out as the glue sets - you really don't want them to set wrong.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    Ok thnx... So a proper fix then not a bodge up by me :) appreciate it