NGD fender custom shop 2000 1969 nos

What's Hot
jacksparrowjacksparrow Frets: 673
New guitar day fender custom shop strat the real gilmour, hendrix, blackmore, stratocaster  not the overpriced one.  paid the same as my other in white 14 years ago, hmm where else can i go in my time machine lol.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72512
    edited June 2015
    That's really nice :).

Back when I started getting into guitars I didn't like the CBS-headstock Strats, I thought the head was ugly. But after a long time I began to realise that it was an important part of the tone of these later 60s and early-70s Strats, and eventually I came to accept it, then actually prefer it. It makes the tone clearer and deeper, in my opinion - the mass of the headstock is about a third greater than the pre-CBS type, and it definitely affects the resonance of the neck.

I really regret not buying a black-refinished rosewood-board original 1969 Strat (technically a very early '70 from one of the original pot codes, but everything else was dated late '69) off a friend of mine about ten years ago -  the best Strat I've ever played.

(By the way, edit the photo link so it's just the "http:… " bit or it won't show up in the post - or better still don't use Photobucket ;). I've switched to Imgur, it's much easier and better.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    I cant see owt. Annoying as I'm a 1969 model :-)

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• jacksparrowjacksparrow Frets: 673
    ICBM i agree on the headstock then i saw a friend playing a large headstock strat and thought it was really funky.

I also love maple on maple fretboard, and they have a slightly different sound than a one piece. these early ones also don't have the reverse wound middle pickup just how i like them, but i will have to get a 5way switch for it.

It's about as close as i can get to jimi's strat 
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3428
    Big headstock so are the best. Very nice looking guitar that one!
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1206
    My guitar hero in my youth was Blackmore so I've always loved the 70s headstock. Then there's that Hendrix bloke..... Wonderful looking guitar - I'm jealous.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5057
    edited June 2015
    I've gotta speak out for the small headstock fans (of which I'm one) - it's not how big it is, it's what you do with it that counts! :D
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 528
    Good gas happy NGD.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    I love the big headstock

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• jacksparrowjacksparrow Frets: 673
    edited June 2015
    Thanks guys, always loved the big headstock but hated the bullet truss on later models so when fender released these i had to have one bought my first one in 2001.

This one is a 2000 and in mintish condition