Express Music Coventry - Credit where it's due

What's Hot
hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
I popped in to Express Music in Cov today to pick up a Mooer Trelicopter that was showing as in stock on their website. When I got there I was told it had gone across to their Shirley store the day before but they could get it back for me by Tuesday.

I was going to sack it off and buy one cheaper online, but I hung around to try out a Ricky that they knew I had no intention of buying. When I'd finished, the salesman told me that they had pricematched the pedal it with the cheapest they saw online and told the Shirley store to put it to one side if I wanted to drive over and pick it up from them.

The salesman was really good, knowledgeable and pleasant to chat to. He didn't mind putting the extra effort in to get a sale for the other store, and he didn't try to push the Ricky onto me, even though I obviously loved it. He even apologised for putting me through a Marshall, he said it should be a Vox really but they didn't have one set up to demo. They've got quite a lot of decent stuff in stock too.

I'd never used them before, but I will be buying from them again 100%.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Always nice to hear good service get the praise it deserves.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    That's what used to be Coventry Musical Exchange IIRC, on the Binley Road? Many a happy hour spent with my nose against the glass when I was a failing student/ bassist.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Yes mate, Binley Road.

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Express Music in Shirley is where I bought my very first guitar. Different owners these days though.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    It's a little pricey but it is generally a good store. Very helpful but not pushy at all.
    They also have some alternative stuff that you dont see in other stores and a pretty big second hand section
    I love the acoustic floor as well. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    not_the_dj;676719" said:
    Express Music in Shirley is where I bought my very first guitar. Different owners these days though.
    I always forget it exists - been there for strings and picks in the past but it was small with hardly any stock. I take it the Cov store is bigger?
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Iamnobody said:
    not_the_dj;676719" said:
    I always forget it exists - been there for strings and picks in the past but it was small with hardly any stock. I take it the Cov store is bigger?
    So much bigger. The book section in the Cov shop is bigger than the Shirley store. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    It's a little pricey 
    The sticker prices are a bit higher, but they'll pricematch where they can.

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    Adam_MD said:
    Always nice to hear good service get the praise it deserves.
    +1
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9834
    Iamnobody said:
    I always forget it exists
    I forgot it was in Shirley when I was in Solihull recently and trekked around to where it used to be...
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Duppy03Duppy03 Frets: 104
    I went to the the Shirley store to try out acoustics, top notch service and some nice gear in there too.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5162

Yep, them's good peoples.

Have used them for some work on a couple of guitars too- pickup installations and some fretwork. Happy with the service in every instance.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• This is pleasing news, I work just around the corner from there and pass it each morning on the way to work. I've been meaning to pop in one Friday afternoon and have a poke around, but a new baby has taken my time away for now. Once I have some spare time I'll definitely pop in and see what they have!
  • agibboagibbo Frets: 102
    I've had guitar set-ups and bought things from them too, and they are always friendly and helpful!