Thanks to Jon at Feline

What's Hot
Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
Thanks to Jon at @Feline_Guitars for sorting out my Les Paul. She's even more of a babe to play with now!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11619
    tFB Trader
    You're very welcome sir - she's a good guitar - just needed some TLC

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7962
    What did you get done?
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11619
    tFB Trader
    It needed a general service really, but it was tuning issues and the choice of putting some graphtech saddles and needing to sort out some wiring that made a pit-stop a good idea.

So we screened all the cavities as earthing issues and noise were a problem.
    Rewired the wiring harness and improved the earth paths on pots etc
    Wax dipped the pickups (which were very microphonic - a surprise as they were new-ish Seymour Duncans)
    Dressed the frets and set the guitar up
    Installed the saddles and recut the existing bone nut and lubed them with "nut sauce"
    ...and gave the guitar a quick polish

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7962
    Sounds like a nice pit stop!

A proper pro fret dress is such a good investment.

So how do you find those graphtec saddles Drew?
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    It needed a general service really, but it was tuning issues and the choice of putting some graphtech saddles and needing to sort out some wiring that made a pit-stop a good idea.

Wax dipped the pickups (which were very microphonic - a surprise as they were new-ish Seymour Duncans)
    Installed the saddles and recut the existing bone nut and lubed them with "nut sauce"

and converted it to right-handed surely?
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BowynMadleyBowynMadley Frets: 152
    edited June 2015
    Jonathan @FelineGuitars doesn't really do his work justice with the phrase "fret dress" what he really means is take standard knackered frets and level to perfection, intonate other guitar perfectly and then polish the frets to the point that you'd be comfortable shaving in the reflection. Top bloke, top quality workmanship and makes a cracking cuppa tea.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    Best place to go. Unfortunately it's a long way for me!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72512
    Which Duncans were they?

I came across a pair of highly microphonic Antiquities a while back - I know they're supposed not to be heavily potted, but I would say they weren't at all.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    ICBM said:
    Which Duncans were they?

I came across a pair of highly microphonic Antiquities a while back - I know they're supposed not to be heavily potted, but I would say they weren't at all.
    Duncan Distortions - The SH6's.

The fret job *is* very lovely! Glad we kept the bone nut in the end, coz it just looks nice. The saddles are doing the job!
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/80/803f1a0db2a57b833a0049b53a886ec95b046e5c8eafe715c36f0c32183d9f65.jpg
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72512
    Drew_fx said:

Duncan Distortions - The SH6's.
    Surprising. Those should definitely be potted.

Duncan quality slipping, perhaps?
    randomhandclaps said:

Revenge for this?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b8/b1/ec/b8b1ec71d641eb03687f4bda0ef928cc.jpg

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    Drew_fx said:

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/80/803f1a0db2a57b833a0049b53a886ec95b046e5c8eafe715c36f0c32183d9f65.jpg

http://www.csnchicago.com/sites/csnchicago/files/2014/10/02/liam.jpg
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • BlacksheepBlacksheep Frets: 293
    I'd like to add my own thanks to Jon for the fantastic refret and nutjob he did on my two LP Juniors. I haven't had such a good time in Croydon since Palace were promoted.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I'll join in.
    It's been 10 months since i got my Telecaster back from having a great deal of work done by @FelineGuitars  .
    It's become a really personal guitar since then and the work on the frets, fitting a new bone nut and the general set up transformed my Baja into a breed of Telecaster all of it's own. I truly love it.

Massive thanks to Jonathan and Tom for all their work.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3636
    Yep, another satisfied customer here.

Jon did a lovely set up job on my Strat after a fret dress.

I didn't know they were supposed to be shiny!
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1783
    Can we not get some pictures in this thread of all these guitars?! I mean, come on, won't someone think of the children!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • BlacksheepBlacksheep Frets: 293

Here are my two. Left and right on photo "borrowed" from Feline's Facebook page.

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag12/Blacksheep1071/Juniors_zpsvewi1iad.jpg