Jag mods... and where can I get a Johnny Marr Jag control plate?

svejksvejk Frets: 148

Hi there - anyone know where I can get one of these? They don't seem to be on general sale. It's the control plate that replaces the three switches so you can put in a 4-way selector.

Anyone done this? If so, how did it work out for you? What did you do about the rhythm circuit? I never use it or the strangle switch, so wondering whether to disconnect it or use it for something else.

Ta!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited June 2015
    A while back (actually probably only a couple of months ago) I was looking for one and they were definitely for sale on EBay. Just looked but can't find them just now.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Personally, unless you want the Marr switch especially, I'd go for a 3-way toggle (a la Jazzmaster) and a phase slider switch. I'm sure I've seen replacement plates advertised on ebay, but there is usually a guy on Offsett Guitar Forum selling custom made ones. 

• XWulfhereXWulfhere Frets: 416
    The 4 way switch in the JM Jag is really useful! I love the extra sound and use it a lot!
    And you know what else? Those safety lids on bottles of sanatogen. There I am trying to get the lid off and along comes my six year old and says "there you are daddy" and it's off in a Jiffy. Someone's gonna get hurt.