Comments

• dusk tiger?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Dusk tiger iirc
  • vizviz Frets: 10709
    It's lovely - I really like it.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72510
    Dusk Tiger.

Looks like the robot tuners and all the custom electronics have been removed and a standard set-up fitted.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    A lot of money for a guitar that's had its guts ripped out and replaced.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    I like the top, but not the scratch plate thingy or the pickup surrounds.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72510
    I'd guess it was actually built like that by Gibson, since there's at least one thing that looks like the original hardware was never fitted - the jack plate has no screw holes for the switch next to the plain 1/4" socket - but it does seem far too much for a guitar that was probably put together from left-over parts for an exhibition.

On the other hand for anyone who likes the way it looks and didn't want all the onboard stuff the original came with it could be quite a good thing. If the piezo bridge is still functional you could hook it up with the extra jack too, as he says.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Ah thank you. From a few years back then? Don't get the bit in the description suggesting it was a recent commission but as @ICBM says, probably put together from the spares bin. Expensive for a partscaster, albeit a custom one! ;)
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11619
    tFB Trader

this was a Dusk Tiger as intended

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Hey the ad has now changed its title to Gibson Dusk Tiger! Did one of you contact the seller?
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    cue passive aggressive lols.  Cheers guys.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom