Tronical have just lost a sale ....

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
Fancied one of those auto tune things for a while. It suits what I do with acoustic, but I have procrastinated for months due to expense. Finally thought what the hell, you only live once. I went to their site and got thrown into confusion. Apparently there is a new ‘option’ (plus) which is better but you pay an extra 99 Euros. Suddenly I’m thinking that I either have to fork out a lot more than I thought, or I’m buying a second rate version. That is too much dosh for second rate! Also, I can’t work out exactly what the add on is, as the main unit also seems to be called a plus? so is there a lesser unit for less money or does one buy the plus and also get the plus extra for the best product? Totally confusing. I’m out .....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    edited June 2015

This space intentionally left blank :P

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

edited June 2015

Here's a comparison chart.

Any good for you?

• MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1133
    The PLUS is the same hardware with updated firmware (I think) - so it has the additional functionality listed in your table, but is the same physical unit.

• The 'plus' version is what Gibson are calling the G-Force on the 2015 models
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    To be honest, I'm just throwing my toys out of the pram for no reason! I was looking it up at work whilst trying to make sure that no one else saw, which is never the best way to evaluate something! With a bit of thought I imagine that they only sell the PLUS version now, and the add on is if you bought an older model some time ago and you want to upgrade it. Pretty obvious really. Feel free to facepalm me.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11462
    Judging by their level of popularity, st some point the 2015 Gibsons will get discounted to the point where you can buy one, scavenge the tuning system, part out the pickups and other hardware and sell them and get your money back.
    The really big issue is what do I spend the GAS fund on?????

Current thoughts:

1) Tronical tuners - £215
    2) Bailey Video course - £90
    3) WiiU + Mario Kart - £200

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6197
    tFB Trader
    why dont you email them for clarification...
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Which Tronical type are you after. I'm going to take mine off my 137 Custom so will be flogging it :)
  • usedtobe;678585" said:
    Wisdom. If I'd not had my car break down on me, I'd have that and I'm quite confident my thinline tele would be finished to a higher standard by now.
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    To be honest I think your very justified in questioning it, what they have effectively dine is added planned obsolescence to the guitar world, they now have the opportunity to bring out a new and updated version every year or so, so you feel the need to upgrade Constantly, the older ones do the job fine but, the Co sumer in us wants faster and better, so that's what we will continue to see.
    Plus if you break em can you self repair like a standard set? No way
    Fender tried it with those silly wiring cards, effectively taking repairs out of our hands and into theirs,

It's all marketing and ways for us to continually spend more cash.
    Shrewd

Yeah, but it does provide a very usable feature though. We can all tune a guitar here, obviously, but I'd quite like to be able to do it at the push of a button.

Besides, if companies didn't try to get us to spend more cash then there'd be no companies, and if enough people have them and need to repair them somebody somewhere will put up a how-to DIY guide on the internet.

I'd really like to see a guitar, a mainstream guitar, that allowed fast and non-invasive pickup and electronics swapping. That Fender thing didn't look too bad to me.

Chalky said:
    Which Tronical type are you after. I'm going to take mine off my 137 Custom so will be flogging it :)
    Type 'H' to fit Taylor 814CE
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4156
    axisus said:
    Chalky said:
    Type 'H' to fit Taylor 814CE
    Same here. I was hoping they'd sell the PCB's separately so that I could pick up a G-Force unit cheaply and retrofit them, but Tronical don't seem to want to lose the direct sales.