Corsa guitars

Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1797
Anyone on here with one or experience of them. I have sent a couple of emails to Larry and only see praise for his work around the web. I have come to a total stall with finding a Gibson reissue and these sort of caught my eye as a different approach rather than getting another Japanese les Paul. Not really worried about resale value as I intend it to be a keeper. Just want a good blues rock single cut style guitar. Also I will be in Bethlehem and Leigh valley area in September so I could probably get it ordered and bring it back with. Any views welcome
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3991
    I was checking these out a while back, he had a really nice P90 version, never played one though..
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    edited June 2015
    The guitars look great. The price is much lower than....for example.....Gil Yaron.
    At that point I just assumed that he was buying in top quality necks, and chambered bodies.
    But no. His customers (who are very happy indeed) posting on other forums, insist that he makes every single guitar himself from blocks of wood.
    If that is true....it looks like his guitars are very good value.

I hope you found the earlier thread which mentioned a young blues player who is using a lovely P90 Corsa and was featured in one of the UK mags. I can't recall the name of his band.

• SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    Larry used to source his guitars from Gibson using the faded Standard LP's as a platform and upgrading/modding them with Faber parts and his own pickups. Wished i bagged a nice PG model back then.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23033
    edited June 2015
    Skipped said:
    I hope you found the earlier thread which mentioned a young blues player who is using a lovely P90 Corsa and was featured in one of the UK mags. I can't recall the name of his band.

That would be Dorian Sorriaux of the band Blues Pills.

Corsa guitars look good to me, I like chambered LPs.  They do seem to be very keenly priced, relatively speaking.  I guess part of the saving is in the finishing, I believe he uses a very thin finish and doesn't make a huge fuss about getting it perfectly even and glossy.

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    SimpleSimon;680544" said:
    Larry used to source his guitars from Gibson using the faded Standard LP's as a platform and upgrading/modding them with Faber parts and his own pickups. Wished i bagged a nice PG model back then.
    He still has the odd faded - there's one available now...

I like the way he went for his own headstock shape on the Corsa's - it would have been easy to do something more Gibsonesque.

Previously known as stevebrum
  • minimoogminimoog Frets: 128
    edited June 2015
    As said everyone who owns one raves about them. All I know is this is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen...

<goes off to find out how to post images properly>