Ovation

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• NeilNeil Frets: 3695
    Chalky said:
    I've got a Ovation Glen Campbell if anybody is looking to sample Ovation delights :)
    They are a difficult shift.

I've had mine up in the classifieds for what seems like centuries (well months anyway).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    I've just been playing mine - I still love it. 
  • MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    Until the beginning of the year we distributed Ovation across Europe.  Having sold, played and serviced them over the last 7 years or so I've got to say that some of them were absolutely fantastic.  They are very much a "marmite" brand and have a dedicated following. Plenty of innovative designs over the years - but some quite terrible designs too, like an aluminium neck!

From a service point of view I don't remember seeing many of the USA made ones back at all.  The factory was very good and had a lot of guys there that had been with the company for many years. Not the easiest guitars to work on but not over engineered like some of the other brands we've had.....

But yeah, can't play them sitting down! 
    This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Can if you've got 'em on a strap.
    Actually that's how I play most guitars whether I'm standing or sitting. They all slide aroud to some extent.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9814
    I have an acoustic Ovation Balladeer which I bought with some money left to me when my Nan died about thirty years back. Sounds pretty good although some of the frets are say past their best. Bought it after seeing Lindisfarne (remember them?) using one at Fairfield Halls and being impressed with how resonant it was. Still gets played most days.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3695
    HAL9000 said:
    I have an acoustic Ovation Balladeer which I bought with some money left to me when my Nan died about thirty years back. Sounds pretty good although some of the frets are say past their best. Bought it after seeing Lindisfarne (remember them?) using one at Fairfield Halls and being impressed with how resonant it was. Still gets played most days.
    Fairfield Halls 'eh.

Saw Chuck Berry and John Mayall there.
    :)