Robyn Hitchcock and friend?

What's Hot
freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1227
I was checking the latest news on my lifelong hero, Robyn Hitchcock, when I came across this photo.

My first thought was, why is Robyn hanging around with Zodiac Mindwarp, but upon closer inspection I found that it is Julian Cope! I saw him live in 1987 when he was still a blonde haired, blue eyed, leather clad rock god singing World Shut Your Mouth. Hasn't aged a day!

On an even more interesting note, Robyn H is hosting a South African Safari/concert tour in Feb 2016. Were it not for the wife, kids and mortgage, I would be well up for this. Alas at $6999 per ticket, I may have to settle for a trip to see him at Norwich Waterfront in October.

Link to my trading feedback
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    I stood next to RH in the bogs at Bush Hall once.

Was standing at the urinal as I went in and was still there when I left.

Either he was in full flow or was suffering stage fright.
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1227
    Skarloey said:

You didn't shake his hand then?

RH once posed for a photo for me at The Hackney Empire in 1988 (but not in the bogs!)
    Link to my trading feedback
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    No. It was my friend who pointed out who it was later. I just thought it was some bloke taking a long time to have a jimmy.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    I was checking the latest news on my lifelong hero, Robyn Hitchcock, when I came across this photo.

I saw this on Faecesbook. I have to admit that it took a few seconds to realise it was Copey. That'd be an interesting duet.
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    freakboy1610 said: ...I may have to settle for a trip to see him at Norwich Waterfront in October.

...Which, for anyone who's interested, was last night.  Great show.  He's in really good voice, played beautifully, and the set was very big on the back catalogue.  
    Listening To The Higsons (naturally), Wife/Dead Wife, Glass Hotel, Saturday Groovers...a ton of other goodies.  As an added treat, he was joined by Kimberley Rew of The Soft Boys for a couple of encores (Robyn on acoustic, Kim on Strat), and they knocked out a lovely I Often Dream Of Trains and an absolutely blistering version of Queen Of Eyes.  Closed with a cover of Cold Turkey.  Proper genius.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24864
    Skarloey;682661" said:

Just to be clear - this never happened.

I've never met Skarloey and will consider legal action if he doesn't withdraw this comment.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom