Zoom Q3

What's Hot
Used one to record our jam tonight and I was pretty surprised at the clarity. We still had to move it away from us across the other side of the venue due to volume.

Might get one, but is there other ones I should consider first?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7310
    I have a zoom q3. You need to turn off auto gain adjustment and set the mic gain to low then you'll be set. Works for us in a medium sized practice room and we're fucking loud in rehearsal.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Ah really? This was only a loaner but I thought the auto gain was quite handy. Used they seem to go quite cheap. Might be worth a shot. Thanks mate.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7310
    It depends what your capturing, for us we basically want the mics on their lowest possible gain always to avoid clipping but I dont really care if it means you cant hear gems like us saying "that second chorus was a touch fast" and stuff like that in between songs :)
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Mine was good until it stopped working.
    Now it just randomly stops recording mid-set, and the entire file is unusable. Very frustrating indeed.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Ooh dear that will be a bit of a pisser.

It depends what your capturing, for us we basically want the mics on their lowest possible gain always to avoid clipping but I dont really care if it means you cant hear gems like us saying "that second chorus was a touch fast" and stuff like that in between songs :)
    Yes, upon listening back to a whole set I do love those moments of "who missed that note?" or "what song is next? Oh yeah the Ab one, or the 5/4 one, does anyone remember how that song goes again?"