advice on effects chain please

surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 133
Rarely use effects but am making a concerted effort to experiment.  However, I really have no idea what should go where in a chain. I have a Dunlop wah, Fulltone FB-2, Red Witch trem, delay and another boost (OC44) which will not be used in conjunction with the FB-1, either/or.

It'd be really helpful to know in which order they should be used.....into a head and then cab.

Cheers

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Wah, boost, trem then delay would be the norm. 
  • Normally it's a filter type effect first such as a wah, then dirt, then modulation then delay then reverb. However some modulation works well before dirt such as a univibe or a phaser.
    Now if you are using the dirt on your amp you may want to stick mods delays and reverb in the loop
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Wouldn't recommend a Wah in the loop. Delays and reverbs are great in there though. The rest I have in front. Depends what sound you are after where you put them etc.
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 133
    Thanks guys, I REALLY appreciate the advice.  What is totally bizarre is that I've been messing around and that's exactly how I have it set up now....wah, boost, trem, delay.  At least I've done something right!!  :)

Cheers