Best you've owned and best you've played?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• woodywoody Frets: 74
    Bourgeois jomc best ive owned (still do) an olsen om best ive played,although i know a lad with a wayne henderson,i expect that to take top spot when im over his way again..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 723
    edited July 2015
    Scrap my previous post ... I forgot I was in Acoustics.
  • SteveGVSteveGV Frets: 344
    1) Best I've owned is my current guitar, Lowden S35 Walnut
    2) Best I've played, a Taylor BTO GC Cedar/Ebony we had in at work recently. Never really been a fan of high end Taylors (anything above 800 series) but this was absolutely amazing! Silly money though....but a PX did cross my mind!

**Signed up to reply to a few comments regarding the shop, had a look about....decided to stick around! Opinions are my own and do not represent the views of Guitar Village.**

steve@guitarvillage.com | www.guitarvillage.co.uk

• RockerRocker Frets: 5022
    My only acoustic is a Taylor 310. It may never have been flavour of the month in any of the magazines but I like it. Have it now for well over ten years.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9773
    Rocker said:
    My only acoustic is a Taylor 310. It may never have been flavour of the month in any of the magazines but I like it. Have it now for well over ten years.
    I have one as well. Possibly the least Taylor-sounding Taylor they made. Mine is a couple of years older and has opened up nicely in the bass.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27727
    Owned - my Gibson Dove. Best dreadnought in Guitar Village this time last year imo.

Tried - the 1940-something Martin D18 that belonged to my first girlfriend's dad. Amazing guitar and I'm sure I will seek out an old Martin or two eventually.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73037
    thermionic said:

Rocker said:

I have one as well. Possibly the least Taylor-sounding Taylor they made. Mine is a couple of years older and has opened up nicely in the bass.
    I think that's why I liked my 312CE as well - not a very 'Taylor' sound. I chose it over a second hand 812CE I could have had for £100 more... it just sounded better, to me.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Gassage said:
    1) My old Lowden LSE1 followed by my current Martin 00028EC

2) Huss and Dalton MJC - this exact guitar

http://www.chandlerguitars.co.uk/product_Detail.php?ItemID=5475

You sold a LSE 1. Dear god. No one is ever getting mine off me.

Although the answer to the OP is

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158

Abe Wechter Florentine Cutaway, Mastergrade Brazillian Rosewood back and sides, Pre Was bearclaw European Spruce. Massive sounding guitar.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    My mate has an old Gibson Country & Western, think it's a '62 and it sounds absolutely fantastic but it has the narrowest nut in the world! I'm pretty sure if it was a little wider that would be my favourite. Still in the honeymoon period but my new Guild Orpheum 12 fret slope shoulder Dread is pretty damn sweet, suspect it may be a keeper - I love the look of slope shouldered dreads. Was actually looking for a J-45 but wasn't blown away with any new ones I tried, TV, Custom or standard. Gratuitous badly framed photo of my new baby - 

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5322
    1 Bill Tippin OMT1

2 Bill Tippin OMT1

wont be buying another acoustic...tried all the big name brands and a few high end Boutique...this is the one i prefer over them all absolutely sublime OM
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114

My best is my Terada acoustic, handed down to me by my folks. Its from the 70's AFAIK, Martin D41 copy made in Japan.

Best playability of any acoustic I've every played, and appears to loved by every person to have ever picked it up.

Not worth anything, but a stellar instrument and priceless to me (I learned to play on it). Beats my actual Martin HD35 for playability all day long.

• Best played - 1947 Martin 000-18 (apparently owned previously by Cowboy Copus) - unbelievable tone and projection. Played it about 1994, offered it for £3K. Like a complete tosser, turned it down. Seen a few years later advertise for £10k - worth every penny.

Best Owned - Gretsch G400 JV - surprise choice? Staggeringly good plugged in (Fishman Archtop system, preamp under the scratchplate) great feel etc. The very last one to go in a crisis.
  • Just picked up a 1992 Lowden O22c Custom (Spruce)

I feel bad saying it as I was getting on really well with my Coco/Redwood O35c, but this one is better The 35 is slightly more responsive for left hand tapped harmonics, but it will probably just be a case of getting used to the 22