SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - 2013 Gibson R9 ## SOLD ##

CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4293
edited July 2015 in Guitars £
Only selling to fund a vintage purchase. (not a 1959 Les Paul I might add) This R9 is the only Les Paul that I have genuinely loved owning. Not really an LP person, but the tone of this combined with the very low weight make it a dream guitar. Nice subtle flame, which I personally prefer. Guitar is in perfect condition, no playwear.

8.2lbs, and sacrifices absolutely nothing in low end and overall tone. I bought a Huber Orca recently and A/B'd it with this R9, and to say that the Orca got its arse kicked is an understatement. Orca was sold within a week.

2013 and 2014 Historics seem to be a decent bet, as all the good upgrades were done by then, and before the 2015 insanity kicked in...

2013 Upgrades:  • 1-piece rosewood board. • Aniline dye on back and sides.• Hide glue on neck to body joint.  • Kluson “Deluxe” tuners  • New Custom Bucker pickups. •  Historic Truss Rod assembly with no tubing •  Accurate body and fingerboard binding color

The fretboard on this is lovely, has that smooth and shiny look with just the right colour. And Custom Buckers are really amazing pickups imo.

If you are considering buying an R9, look no further.  :)

£2750 delivered. (or nearest offer)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    One day I will have one of these and an Orca. Awesome mate.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    Lovely.
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2043
    Outta my league. I found out that I'd won £25 on the premium bonds this month. Another 100 or so of those and I'm in bidness.

Drool. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4293
    Bump for a great historic.

Possibly have something else lined up, but could be interested in trades/part ex's with vintage Gibson hollow-bodies, ideally with P90's. Cash adjustments as necessary.

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15999

Mr 9 is that gloss?

what "colour" is that LP?...the fingerboard looks lovely

very decent price...good luck Bro

tae be or not tae be
    It's VOS Hoots. Seems to have escaped with a very light dose though.

Colour is Bourbon Burst. Actually really hard to capture, seems to be different every pic you take... And also there is some nice streaking in the top which cannot get the camera to pick up, makes it way more interesting than these pic's show. The guitar has a nice vintage sort of look to it in the flesh.
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15999

what you say in your OP about the 2013s and 14s is true...I have a '58 2014 and it's one hellava guitar

probably the last of any meaningful tweaks B4 the insanity of the "true Historics"

tae be or not tae be
    Price drop - £2650 delivered
    Now Sold.
  • PowerslavePowerslave Frets: 103
    Thanks for getting back to me via PM - pleased to see this has sold for you.

Stunning looking guitar - congrats to the new owner :)
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    Well done.