OCP Scrapyard Dog + user reviews

What's Hot
ElwoodElwood Frets: 455
Hey guys,

I've got a set of Scrapyard dog + pickups going into a guitar soon and I've been looking forward to it for ages. I've seen them mentioned in a couple of post recently and was hoping that any owners out there would share their experiences.

Pros, cons, which guitar/amp you use them in. What did they replace and what are they like at low and high volumes. Any and all experiences welcomed.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Be careful with them. At a gig recently, I had my pickup selector on the neck on 4 and for the solo, I switched to my scrapyard dog+ on 10. Those first notes made everyone in the venue jump.

Awesomely powerful pickups. Throaty with lots of mids. Excellent for over driving anything.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    I use them in a prs ce22 and they'll honestly do just about anything well if you use your volume and tone control. Highly recommended.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17746
    tFB Trader
    They are awesome!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 455
    Sweet, have any of you guys coil tapped them?
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17746
    tFB Trader
    Yep, mine is tapped in position 2 of my strat. Sounds pretty decent in that configuration. 
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Yes I wired mine up with some resistors going to ground on a push/push pot to keep some of the cancelled coil in the signal. All 3 positions sound really good.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10900
    tFB Trader
    The dog plus is probably the pickup I'm most proud of out of my lineup. It sits in most of my gigging, twin humbucker guitars, and it has been the 'base pickup' for developing the Blackbird, and has lead to a whole range of spin offs. The basic idea was two balanced pickups, that could still do blues and the clean stuff ,,,but had power a plenty when needed ... but still maintaining ultimate string definition. Glad you guys like it 
    :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message