Cheap Les Paul Hardcase Recommendation

What's Hot

Hi

At the weekend I bought a cheap Vintage V100 Les Paul for use at work at lunch times. I was just going to go with a soft gig bag, but having it under my desk for a couple of days I'm a bit conscious of it being kicked/ knocked accidentally.

As such I'd like to buy a suitable hard case but not spend the earth on it as it is only for my work guitar and the guitar wasn't that expensive, but having never bought a hard case, I'm at a bit of a loss.

So does anyone have any recommendations.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Epiphone or something from thomann
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    The vast majority of customers rate their (very cheap) Thomann case at 5 stars or 4 stars. Seems like a good bet.

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Skipped said:
    The vast majority of customers rate their (very cheap) Thomann case at 5 stars or 4 stars. Seems like a good bet.

Yeah but most of those people are just after the vouchers ;-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3596
    I bought my boy a Thomann case for his Epi 56 goldtop. It was a sensible hard case for the money given the guitars value.
  • Looks like I might have to pick up the Thomann one then. Shame about the 37 ish postage on it though.

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5078
    edited July 2015
    If you've got room for a hard case at work, haven't you got room to store the gigbag reasonably safely? Of course, I don't know where you work and maybe you have people in hobnail boots jumping on anything lying around and throwing anvils around for fun. :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Cheap eh?

Think of it like tyres. There are costly tyres, and less costly tyres, but, ultimately, tyres keep your car on the road, and those inside your car safe.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6908
    I can recommend the Thomann one. The aluminium edges are exposed so careful placement in and out is required if you don't want it scratched.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • Out of interest... Does a LP Jr fit a standard LP case?
    I assume there's a depth discrepancy- with the Jr being thinner & flat, but a blanket under the Jr should fix that right?
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4739
    http://www.flightcasewarehouse.co.uk/industry/product.asp?item=spider-les-paul-hard-case-5958-4775

These are very good - I bought one for my dot and its as good as anything sold by Gibson.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • If you've got room for a hard case at work, haven't you got room to store the gigbag reasonably safely? Of course, I don't know where you work and maybe you have people in hobnail boots jumping on anything lying around and throwing anvils around for fun. :)

I work in an engineering place, and so there are lots of people with toe tectors on! Also it's in a padded gig bag under my desk, It should be relatively safe under there, but it is the padded gig bag from my acoustic, and I'd hate to forget, spin round in my chair and put my boot into the neck or something!

rlw said:

http://www.flightcasewarehouse.co.uk/industry/product.asp?item=spider-les-paul-hard-case-5958-4775

These are very good - I bought one for my dot and its as good as anything sold by Gibson.
    I'll take a look at these too, they do look very good!
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader

The Spider ones are pretty good, but I've just bought a Gator case from Thomann for £55 delivered.

They're around £80 delivered from UK sellers.

• CorvusCorvus Frets: 2969
    tFB Trader
    I got one from FCW but there was glue all over the outside and lining not stuck. Just unlucky I guess, sent it back. Got one from gear 4 music for the same price instead.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9674

I bought an acoustic case from Thomann which sounded from the description to be an "own-brand" no-name thing. It was £36, good enough for a ocassional use with a £200 guitar.

What I got was £80 worth of Warwick Rockcase!

• rlwrlw Frets: 4739
    martinw said:

The Spider ones are pretty good, but I've just bought a Gator case from Thomann for £55 delivered.

They're around £80 delivered from UK sellers.

Spider case £58.39 delivered...............

Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3100
    Used Hiscox if you can find one. I paid 70 delivered for my last one on the bay.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"