A Ricks-er upper...

What's Hot
DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
Anyone else spy this on eBay right now?...

...And if so, whaddya reckon?  Worth the effort, or a hopeless cause?
New fangled trading feedback link right here!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    edited July 2015
    ICBM might be able to shed more light, but I'd say a Ric with a 'badly warped neck' is either an easier-than-you-think fix or a no-hoper.
    If it goes for 250 it's a bargain, cos you can get that back in parts (sadly) but I personally wouldn't bother.

It looks lovely though... but I don't really get on with the smaller bodies either.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72915
    That neck looks *really* twisted - I'm pretty sure I've never seen one as bad as that before. It's hard to say without hands-on, but to me that looks like a wood fault rather than simply it being left with the truss rods tightened wrongly, and I'd be surprised if adjusting it properly would fix it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    edited July 2015
    Over 600 notes already, and set to end later this evening.  I've never spent that much on a new guitar, let alone on a broke-ass Rick like this.  

The mind boggles...
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12699
    We didn't get that much when we sold the six string version - and the neck on that was bob on.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

Clearly some real optimists about who think that if they string it up and adjust the truss rods it will be fine.

As impmann says a 650 doesn't sell for much more than that anyway.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• NeilNeil Frets: 3686
    Looking at the link and then checking out the prices being asked for some second hand Ricks, they  are more than the cost of a new one!

I reckon Ricky's are probably the best mainstream guitars at keeping their value.
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7097
    tFB Trader
    A customer was telling me today that his colleague has bought this guitar.
    At that price I hope he's feeling lucky and it just straightens out with the truss rods.

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7097
    tFB Trader
    Not likely I think
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom