SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted:: BOSS DC-2

What's Hot
aswefallintostaticaswefallintostatic Frets: 28
edited July 2015 in FX £
Its optimistic, but anyone got one of these in good condition they want rid of? 

Really wanting that 80's sound for my dirty funk side project and not finding that my TC corona is really getting my anywhere like close. I cant afford a dimension D so the DC 2 seems like the logical next contender...

/tom

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 931
    I think you might find that the DC2 is more desirable, and therefore more expensive, than the DC3. Behringer make clones of both though. IMO the DC3 isn't worth alot of fuss.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    I'd love a dc2,  they come up on eBay fairly often - especially if you open the search to buy from out of the uk.  

I suspect you're set on a dc2 but have you thought about the ce2 or an ibanez cs9.   I prefer the cs9 but they both give you plenty of 80's sounding chorus.
  • aswefallintostaticaswefallintostatic Frets: 28
    edited July 2015
    @Johnnyseven - yeah, i saw there was a behringer clone, if i get a chance to try one out i will! 

I'm always pro trying an original however. I find that often clones, no matter who makes them, often miss something from the original, or more irritatingly 'updates' some aspect of the original to fit more with modern specs (higher headroom on the input, that kind of thing). I found this with my vintage AD9, so much of the sound comes from the buffer, just plugging it in bypassed makes a massive difference to the tone, something that seems to have been designed out of newer AD9's to have a more accurate bypassed signal. (not saying thats a bad thing mind, but it is a thing...)

Perhaps i'm just too easily swayed by the way things look :p still seems worth trying all the options, then working out if the difference is a) something that is important to me b) worth the price hike! Vintage gear holds its value so its not a big loss if i do sell it on

@John_P - yeah, im pretty set on the DC2, but cheers for the recommendations. Apparently the chorus on the dimension series is a very different technique to the classic 'modulate a parallel signals with an lfo' which is why they don't do the bubbly sounds and act more like stereo spreaders. 

• I have a Fromel Seraph I would part with but it owes me a little more than a DC2 would cost.
  • @iseverynamegone - i might be interested, what would you be looking for it? i'll drop you a pm

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4071
    edited July 2015
    Its optimistic, but anyone got one of these in good condition they want rid of? 

Really wanting that 80's sound for my dirty funk side project and not finding that my TC corona is really getting my anywhere like close. I cant afford a dimension D so the DC 2 seems like the logical next contender...

I've got a DC-2 and the Behringer clone -- they are practically identical.  Both are analog.  Both sound lovely.  And I've been gigging the Behringer solidly for nearly two years, no problems.  Unless you need the mojo of the Boss you'll get exactly the same sound with the Behringer.

Here's a little demo I did a while back comparing the two pedals if it's any help:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @grunfeld - great demo, thanks!

I actually watched that last night! I nearly commented on youtube saying i thought the whole track you made was great :)

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4071
    @aswefallintostatic -- thank you! and just another point to consider is that for me it feels a lot less stressful playing down the Dog & Duck with £25 of Behringer on the board rather than the DC-2.

Whatever you choose, hope you enjoy it.  Oh, and I'd love a Dimenson D too, used to use one years ago (wasn't mine to keep) but like you said they are stupidly expensive.
  • iseverynamegoneiseverynamegone Frets: 1576
    edited July 2015
    See below fella pm's replied to.

• alright guys, i got one for £140 of ebay from some guy in London. Hopefully it a) turns up b) works c) was worth the effort / expense ;) will let you know!

/t