sc 245 - good deal?

What's Hot
Hi - I find myself increasingly drawn to trying one of these out. There's one in Coda for 1300 quid. Dies that sound a bit pricey? Spotted one on Peache's website at 900, but I'm not that familiar with these. Any views? It's been there a while afaik. Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 622
    Pretty certain Chenzman (Vince) had one on here under the ol' MR board real nice & it took a fair while to shift. Sure he will be along to elaborate further on these but think it was alot nearer the 900 mark  rather than 1300

Cheers
    Baz

• MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1143
    they are nice guitars, fantastic if you can get one for £900

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks - mind you, the coda one has an odd set of pups. Not sure I'm attracted to that combination.
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1143
    forget the pups, whack some duncans or suhr aldriches in there and it will be ace

• Nice guitars. They feel more slinky to play than a Les Paul.  The one at Peach for £900 was not an SC245, it was a Singlecut Trem which is 250 scale.  The 245 is half an inch shorter in scale and feels more slinky.  They're different guitars.  Also the one at Coda has a figured top and birds, which makes them more expensive.  The one at Peach was plain top with dots - in all honesty I almost bought it myself.

Bareknuckle pickups have decent s/h value so you could sell those to help fund replacements if you bought the Coda guitar.
  • Interesting, thanks for that.
  • MattGMattG Frets: 170
    I have an SC 245 10 top with suhr aldrich Pups that i bought from peaches, it cost me a little more than that but I don't regret buying for a second it is incredible!
    nicer than any LP ive ever played and ive played a couple of custom shop models.
    one of the tuners broke on it but that got replaced free of charge quite quickly so i cant bring myself to get annoyed about it.
    But yeah IMHO bloody fantastic guitars and great value for money
  • photekphotek Frets: 1507
    I had a go on that one recently and it is very nice but didn't grab me like my last SC245 did. Could have been the pickups I guess. Looks great though.
  • By way of an update, the coda one is dropped to a grand. Oh dear ...
  • Do it B-)
  • I like PRS singlecuts but not the sc245. I don't like PRS pickups of any description and I've had most of them so not having PRS pickups in it would be a major plus for me. I find the sc245's less substantial in the bottom end due to the fact that they are weight relieved. I also find they feedback more presumably because of the amount of air instead of wood in the body! Modern weight relieved Les Paul's are the same for me too. I only like the full fat and not the skimmed or semi-skimmed newer models!