Bit more promotion for daughter...Her first festival

What's Hot
musicegbdfmusicegbdf Frets: 409
edited July 2015 in Guitar

OK here is a promo she has done. Starts with sound over from her album , then finishes with her singing live the same song. So you can hear that it is not studio created.

Was going to post in "Guitars" so it got a wider audience here , but that was a bit naughty , hope it is not lost on this section.

Plse feel free to pass around amongst your friends so she gets lots of hits.
She has had a bit of a setback , and is fighting back by doing small festivals and Gigs.

Thks all

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8497
    Can I please marry your Daughter? I'll pay you a good price!

Seriously though, she's very talented. Nice song too. Best of luck to her!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    You need to teach her the difference between a Tipi and a Yurt, but ignoring that it's awesome.

• musicegbdfmusicegbdf Frets: 409
    Cirrus are you rich . Might swap for an R9 ...

Thks guys. So far the labels are not picking her up. All her songs she writes herself. She has a bit of trouble with band members. But so far be fairly lucky to get good musicians for expenses only.
    The guitarist (Joe) has been a rock for her , he has been through the mill and is supporting her a great deal..

If we can just get the right person to see her and "get it". Up till now people have wanted her change. She is not a pop princess , she wants to be a serious singer/writer .

Spread the word ( and video)

Thks
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8497
    Not rich. Ah well. If I could offer some unsolicited advice, don't expect too much from labels these days. Seems they usually want to work with and pick up acts that are already basically going concerns with songs, recorded music, fa base etc. it's something we've come across ourselves.
    Well songs are done and recorded with top us producer , just need to get s fan base.
    All we need the label for is promotion and distribution. If they are not interested we will hope for social media.
    Already have publishing contract and producer contract.
    Just need toconnect with the right people. Hence pushing the vid
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Might be an idea to try small independent labels (cooperatives of like minded artists ) or even set up your own. Major labels are a waste of time, as Cirrus said. Fan base most important thing though, which means hard graft through lots of gigs, free festivals etc.

Also try sentricmusic.com

It's tough out there.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26994
    Listened, was seriously impressed...but decided to share one of her other videos, though:

What can I say? I prefer the honest, un-produced stuff sometimes :) Could probably do without the twiddly bits at the end on World of War, but then most would say my solos could do without the silly, tasteless noodling too...
    <space for hire>
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27844
    Sorry to hear that the original plans got set back.

Thanks for sharing that vid here - she's certainly got a voice, and a load of talent for writing original stuff too.

And don't be shy about posting more here.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    World of war, was an angry response after a period of being downhearted. I think she was in "I will show them" mood and over did it a bit. She just sat down in her bedroom and wrote it and recorded it.
    She now has a number of small festivals and gigs coming up.

Tks Tony. Will do
    She is now even more determined and not prepared to conform. What is on the Brownstock vid is her ..