Sad news

What's Hot
Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72915
    He should probably give Meg a call and see if she's free, since the new direction obviously didn't quite work out.

:)

:(

Not funny really. Sadly typical of the outlook for a lot of small shops.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    They were good to me whenever I went in there. I've bought several instruments from them in the past
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • cacophonycacophony Frets: 385
    is the norwich one staying open?. 
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    What a shame ,soon our towns are going to be pound / charity phone shops only ,with tesco and aldi for good measure, rates are to high ,the high street is not geared up enough to take on the Internet for price, it's a sorry state of affairs.

I can see it getting worse not better,in the short term then hopefully when all the small businesses have gone the council will panic and drop the rents etc to entice new upstart businesses, with lower rates and costs, they may be able to be more of a challange to the Internet and we would get our town centre back.

Then I wake up and realise this country fukin loves phone and charity shops and couldn't give a toss about the independents.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    Pretty grim. Local high streets are just dead. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17841
    tFB Trader
    Sad news, but not a surprise.

I went in there a couple of months ago with an eye to buying a keyboard, but they really couldn't get close to the big box shifters on price and range and the shop was looking really run down.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    what has become of Meg and her hooters anyway??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>