2002/3 Gibson LP Special info needed.

DinosauriaDinosauria Frets: 67
edited July 2015 in Guitar
I recently picked up this guitar in a trade with another local guitar nut (a really good guy) . I love the way the guitar plays and the neck pickup sounds great, very full/ballsy but still articulate. The bridge however is very thin and uninspiring.

These came with P100s not P90s and I know these pickups are almost universally hated but as I said the neck pickup sounds really good . My plan is to pop the neck pickup in the bridge position and install a SD vintage style P90 in the neck. I think (hope) they'll balance well.

I've tried to find the specs for the guitar but my Google-Fu is failing me. Does anyone happen to know the rating for the pickups these came with as standard? I'm basically truing to find out if the neck pickup came with a serious bump in output or if this is just a bad pickup. I haven't popped the plate off and had a look under the hood yet (I'm doing that on Saturday).

It is kind of redundant as I plan on removing the pickup anyway, however I'd still like to know what the score is. Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed any light on this.

Here's a photo. Don't be thrown by the tuners, they were originally the green key Kluson types but they've been swapped out for the cool little oval button Klusons. Also please excuse the ghetto nitro protecting cloth. I don't know if this stand is nitro safe and I need to make some little protectors for it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom