My Tubescreamer collection is finally complete!

What's Hot
spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
I have an unhealthy love for Tubescreamers. I don't know why and what's more confusing is I don't even have one on my board. In fact, any of my boards. However, I started to collect them and today, the family is complete. I'm not fussed about the special edition ones. Just wanted the family of regular edition. Although I do have a Keeley 808 lying around too.

Just thought I'd share.

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af135/roscoe2911/75520E62-F5D4-4A88-A3AA-DD307E7CE95A-3259-00000299FC5BF901_zps45671016.jpg
0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• So which one do you like most ;)
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'll let you know. Gonna get them all plugged in side by side this weekend.
  • Wow good work, nice collection. Should start collecting the clones now, there are only a few right?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Wow good work, nice collection. Should start collecting the clones now, there are only a few right?
    2, maybe 3 at most.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31873
    If that's an original 808 on the left it's in much better nick than mine!
  • vizviz Frets: 10762
    Get the keeley 4x2 turbo as well, why not? ;)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • p90fool said:
    If that's an original 808 on the left it's in much better nick than mine!
    Yep. Minty fresh original, R logo, box, manual AND original plastic bag. I'd make you sick if I told you how much I paid for it.
  • viz said:
    Get the keeley 4x2 turbo as well, why not? ;)
    I probably will get all the variations and mods at some point. Particularly after the Super Tubescreamer. Bit rare though.
    What's the super tubescreamer? Not one of keeleys?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.

• viz said:
    What's the super tubescreamer? Not one of keeleys?
    Basically a TS9 with a bit more gain and an extra mid control. Probably rarer than an original 808.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Ok nice.
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 619
    what about the supertube ....it looks same as the classic tube screamer in the middle...:)

• Barney said:
    what about the supertube ....it looks same as the classic tube screamer in the middle...:)
    As far as I'm aware, Ibanez never had that model. There were a couple of Super TS's, one in the 10 series and one in the 9 series but not the one with the actual tube in the middle. Think that was Maxon only.
    edited October 2013

Barney said:
    As far as I'm aware, Ibanez never had that model. There were a couple of Super TS's, one in the 10 series and one in the 9 series but not the one with the actual tube in the middle. Think that was Maxon only.
    i will have to check ....i have one at home ...im sure its a ibanez..?...maybe wrong though

thats the one i have
    http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.guitariste.com/forums/photos/147294-1-big.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.guitariste.com/forums/profil,materiel,173762.html&h=399&w=235&sz=14&tbnid=s7_FGgWKtDnGFM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=53&zoom=1&usg=__aVfCDUUyw_WMzvJdaGPLO0lGqm8=&docid=na4iA74jFMkURM&sa=X&ei=zeJuUojKJMKthQfTp4DIBA&ved=0CDoQ9QEwBA

• @Barney, yeah that was the Master Series that then became the 10 series. No tube but Maxon (who made most TS's) did do the one with the tube in the middle. Never tried one but I gues it will be "the" sound with a bit more compression.
    @Barney, yeah that was the Master Series that then became the 10 series. No tube but Maxon (who made most TS's) did do the one with the tube in the middle. Never tried one but I gues it will be "the" sound with a bit more compression.
    ahh...thanks.. i didnt realise they done one with a tube in.. :)
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    What's that black one? Looks odd, never seen one before.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Bucket said:
    What's that black one? Looks odd, never seen one before.
    Thats the Soundtank series. TS-5. Unreasonably bad build quality but has "a sound". Like the TS-10 was ok build but shocking switches but had a very specific sound. Interestingly, SRV used a TS-10 for a while.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 379
    I probably will get all the variations and mods at some point. 
    I believe the hand-wired one sounds the best ;)

• johnhejohnhe Frets: 192

I had an original TS808, a reissue TS9 and a cheap soundtank. Except that the bypass was truly awful, the soundtank was fantastic sounding. Unfortunately, I lent it to someone and never got it back.

By the way, my original TS808 was simply outstanding in every regard - its the only piece of vintage gear I ever owned and it backed up the idea that there is some magic dust in at least some of the old gear.