SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wanted...Kemper Profiling Amp!!

What's Hot
DarrenDarren Frets: 169
Looking for a Kemper profiling amp if anyone has one..Either the lunchbox or the rack will be fine..

Must be non powered version though..Cash waiting.

Cheers

Darren
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DarrenDarren Frets: 169
    Got one!!!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bloody hell Darren that was quick mate!
    Bloody hell Darren that was quick mate!

You know me.. :-)
  • Jim54Jim54 Frets: 257
    How much did you pay Darren (if you don't mind me asking)?  I've already got a toaster version and wouldn't mind a second one (rack of toaster)
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    I did wonder which was the preferred one? Anyone into Kemper, why choose Toaster or Rack? 
    Jim54 said:
    How much did you pay Darren (if you don't mind me asking)?  I've already got a toaster version and wouldn't mind a second one (rack of toaster)
    I paid 950 for it and it's the toaster version Jim..I also chose to stay away from the powered version as it cannot be run in stereo, it's just a mono out on the power amp section..But i do have a VHT 2/50/2 i'm going to use it with..

Deijavoo said:
    I did wonder which was the preferred one? Anyone into Kemper, why choose Toaster or Rack? 
    I think it depends Dave on the situation..I think a lot of gigging players are using the rack just because i think they find it easier..

I went with the toaster again this time as for using at home with the power amp and then moving it to my Mac for recording is just easier for me..
    Couple of differences between the 2 are the rack version has the USB input on the front (Toaster on the back) The toaster version has LED's on all the front wheels for Gain-Bass-Mid-etc..The rack version doesn't have that except for the gain and input volume controls

All the internals and routing options are identical, it's just a case of which would suit your needs better..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Toaster would suit me best I think there, so excuse me for my noobness but when recording you don't need the power amp?

Deijavoo said:
    Toaster would suit me best I think there, so excuse me for my noobness but when recording you don't need the power amp?

No...no power amp needed..Just some kind of audio device..i use an Mbox 2 and use garageband in built into my Mac..you can use headphone on the Mbox to monitor..Really easy..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks Darren.

Yeah, power version doesn't interest me at all.  I'm using a Matrix GT1000FX as power amp into a Matamp 2X12.

When I got mine, a rack version wasn't available but I would choose the toaster, especially for home use.  Also looks 1950'ish cool and I don't like the 'army' looking colours of the rack version (which doesn't come in green/white like the toaster does).

I can't speak highly enough of the Kemper.  I've got a Toneking MeteorII, Mesa Lonestar Special and a hand-wired JTM45.  They haven't been turned on in nearly a year. YMMV.

Darren said:
    Deijavoo said:

No...no power amp needed..Just some kind of audio device..i use an Mbox 2 and use garageband in built into my Mac..you can use headphone on the Mbox to monitor..Really easy..
    eeee.....

GAS!
    Jim54 said:
    Thanks Darren.

Yeah, power version doesn't interest me at all.  I'm using a Matrix GT1000FX as power amp into a Matamp 2X12.

When I got mine, a rack version wasn't available but I would choose the toaster, especially for home use.  Also looks 1950'ish cool and I don't like the 'army' looking colours of the rack version (which doesn't come in green/white like the toaster does).

I can't speak highly enough of the Kemper.  I've got a Toneking MeteorII, Mesa Lonestar Special and a hand-wired JTM45.  They haven't been turned on in nearly a year. YMMV.

You haven't got my old one have you Jim? I used a Matrix GT1000FX with my last KPA..it sounded fantastic.. When I get my new one now tomorrow I shall be using a VHT 2/50/2.. I have a lot of catching up to do also with all the firmware updates since the last one.. :-)
    It may have been yours Darren, my memory's shot, too much gear going in and out!

I've also got a Mesa 2 90 but don't really use it, as the Matrix is just easier to use and the Mesa doesn't really add anything extra.
    Jim54 said:
    It may have been yours Darren, my memory's shot, too much gear going in and out!

I've also got a Mesa 2 90 but don't really use it, as the Matrix is just easier to use and the Mesa doesn't really add anything extra.
    Lol...Yeah i know what that feels like..I am trying to slow it down now..The only thing the Mesa would add as does my VHT is about 15-20kg to the weight of the rig..Those Matrix amps are just so light and sound phenomenal.
  • Been running the rack live for 6 months, first with a G system now with a behringer midi pedal with the kemper processor upgrade, works a treat!
    Been running the rack live for 6 months, first with a G system now with a behringer midi pedal with the kemper processor upgrade, works a treat!
    Fantastic....I had forgotten just how good they really are..My next purchase i want a Ground Control Pro or Rocktron Midi Raider to use with it for the amps and instant access switching for everything else within the rig.
  • Hey Darr do yo have a Cameron profile? And if so how good is it mate?
    Hey Darr do yo have a Cameron profile? And if so how good is it mate?
    I have several Cameron and Friedman profiles and they sound excellent Rod..As a rule with the profiling the cab is also profiled as part of the sound, but now there are ways to profile just the pre-amp section of an amp through the kemper so it sounds even better when using with a Tube/SS poweramp and regular cab rather than just disabling the cab within a profile.