Velvet Revolver

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• bluechargeboybluechargeboy Frets: 1906

I just finished re-reading it too! Definitely a cautionary tale. Appetite has so much energy for a band out of their minds on heroin. :D

I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    It was a good read, actually :)
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    The first album is worth having if you're into Slash/GnR etc. The next one was a bit samey to be honest.

Fall To Pieces is a good song and you can tell it's Slash playing straightaway.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    I think my favourite song on the first Vr album (and one of the first drop-D riffs I ever learned because it was tabbed in an issue of total guitar back when they covered things worth reading about)... Is... SUPERHUMAN. Good song. 'Recognisably' very Slash... Heavied up and gooooood. :)
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    I really like the first one, and saw them in Manchester Apollo on (I think) their first trip to the UK. Fantastic live and Weiland had the crowd eating out of his hand. Was underwhelmed by the second record and never really spent any time with it but the first one was a belter and still gets the odd stint in the van stereo now.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5003
    Dave's work with Wasted Youth is far more interesting.