to reverse or not reverse headstock a strat

What's Hot
I've got a bee in my bonnet for matching headstocks on guitars at the moment, my current build I've got a sonic blue start, but I've got a reveres head stock and a non-reverse headstock option for it, and I'm torn which to go for.

I want to have a reverse headstock as I've not got one at the moment, so it's different, and a matching headstock, which looks great to me, but when I look at the non reverse headstock option, it looks really good too, and I'm torn.

Both are great necks, and I do mean really good, one is a little darker than the other on the fretboard buttoner than that they are identical.

Opinions please.

or

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Usually I really like reverse headstocks - but for some reason, in that colour, it just looks better the usual way around.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2429
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    Rox said:
    Usually I really like reverse headstocks - but for some reason, in that colour, it just looks better the usual way around.
    this is what's killing me, I didn't expect the normal way to look as nice
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Rox said:

Ya see, I'm the other way around. I'm not a huge fan of reverse headstocks, but colour matched like that I love it.

Hope that helps! Hehe.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Both are cool and with the colour match the normal one looks great.    The reverse one looks even better.   
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    I'll reverse it, I can always swap it, I wish this normal neck wasn't painted as it's fantastic too, I'd put it on another guitar in a heart beat, but unless it's sonic blue it will look odd.
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    edited July 2015
    I'm not a fan if reverse head stocks so I say keep it the right way round. 

Nice colour BTW - it'll match my sonic blue Super Champ X2 quite nicely! ;) 

We are all Chameleons...
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    edited July 2015
    Rox;711039" said:
    This.
    Not a big fan of matching headstock's, but that seems to work..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3073
    Reverse...
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Reverse

Almost always reverse.

Cept on Tele's, doesn't work with the smaller headstock
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    I always think reverse headstocks for Fenders must be the large headstock...
  • JohnBJohnB Frets: 121
    Not normally a fan of reverse headstocks but that looks better to me
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Rox;711605" said:
    I always think reverse headstocks for Fenders must be the large headstock...
    I'm inclined to agree....

http://s526.photobucket.com/user/lorddonricci/media/C8778E14-3A0A-4A9F-B240-5EA2EB646C0B_zpsgotipz16.jpg.html
  • I had a mim fender reverse headstock hendrix tribute guitar and as guitars go it was cracking apart from the headstock - i dunno why but it really used to wind me up, thats why i got rid, which is weird because 3 a side tuners like lp's etc dont bother me.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28345
    edited July 2015
    Reverse. My no 1 guitar is a reverse strat. Always reverse. Even Reverse headstock Gibson LPs look better
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    Reverse headstocks always confuse me, they look like optical illusions. I also prefer the tuners on top, makes tuning easier.
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Non reverse for me