SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted !!! - P90 - Soapbar - Solid body electric

What's Hot
Reggae61Reggae61 Frets: 7
edited July 2015 in Guitars £
Looking at trying some P90's and the PRS SE Soapbar has been recommended as a good starting point.

However, I would be interested to see if someone has something else for sale along those lines, light weight compared to a Les Paul, with twin P90's.

Located in North Herts UK
Cheers Si
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7182
    edited July 2015
    The PRS SE P90 jobs are pretty good value for money. I have an SE One which punches well above its weight for such a cheap guitar.

I'd say hold out for a PRS SE if you can fella.

Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Reggae61Reggae61 Frets: 7
    Cheers stonevibe for sharing your knowledge.

Hoping to entice out something exotic or different that is not getting any play time......
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5100
    There was a black set neck Tele on here with SD P90s.
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • 10thumbs10thumbs Frets: 427
    I had a prs se soapbar, it was the lightest electric I've ever owned. 
    Sounded good too
    Thanks guys, another plus one for the PRS, will try and find that set neck tele if it is still available ?, cheers :0
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4757
    I have a PRS SE245 soap bar which I would be happy to sell you if you are interested. Black and in lovely condition too. I'm in Bromley so not so far away.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    Thanks rlw, I will pm you later if I decide to follow that route, cheers
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    Whats your budget? SE's tend to go for £200-300ish, the Epiphone 56 reissue LP is another good buy. If you have more like £500 to spend then one of the 50's Tribute Gibson LP's? or if you fancy something SG shaped the SG Classic with P90's is the daddy.........

A couple of interesting suggestions there Simon, LP's normally trash my shoulder after a long session or gig so I had sort of discounted them but both the Epi 56 and the 50's tribute look very sweet, would need to try before I buy with either of those.

Budget wise, will see what comes along, many thanks
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    There is also a Yamaha Strat with P90's, I think the 611, that might be interesting to try.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4757
    edited July 2015
    Whats your budget? SE's tend to go for £200-300ish, the Epiphone 56 reissue LP is another good buy. If you have more like £500 to spend then one of the 50's Tribute Gibson LP's? or if you fancy something SG shaped the SG Classic with P90's is the daddy.........
    I would say that the 56 reissue is not as good as the current P90 goldtop - LP Standard Pro I think - which has far better pickups.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6408
    Any love for LP Studio with vintage Lollar P90s ?

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That Sir is one beautiful guitar, wow.....please PM me your desired bean counters and a weight if you have one, and also your location, many thanks
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    theres an edwards 56 RI for sale on here that'd be my choice for a great value guitar
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    If you haven't got a budget, have you got a target weight? Or are you just window shopping?
  • guitarmanguitarman Frets: 52
    There is a MJT guitar on eBay now. 1 p90 in the bridge.
    Thanks guys, definitely here to buy, target weight is under 8lbs. Have lined up to see one I have been messaged about this Sunday. Really interesting to see other suggestions I had not considered before though, as always you get that feeling when the right one comes along.
    Cheers Guitarman thank you, good spot, need that neck pickup too though.
    Just to conclude I managed to pick up a PRS SE Soapbar II Maple top  yesterday from London Town, the perfect introduction to P90's which was the primary objective. After a few personal adjustments it will be giig ready for this weekend but based on first impressions all those positive reviews are bang on the money with this model, and it amazes me how they got the playability and quality so good for the price point.

The pickups sound like laid back Hums or singles on steroids without too much attitude and the neck and mid positions are top shelf in every respect, particularly when the tone and volume are backed off slightly.  If anyone is in a similar predicament regarding trying P90's I reckon you can't go far wrong with these as a starting point, thanks for all the other recommendations :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom