Skunk Anansie covering Paul Weller

What's Hot
bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    Cheers for posting. Doesn't work for me though. Do you like it?
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Iamnobody said:
    Yeah I do quite like it.  I like it better than the Paul Weller version.  Skin's vocals are great.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    bingefeller;715946" said:
    Iamnobody said:

Yeah I do quite like it.  I like it better than the Paul Weller version.  Skin's vocals are great.  
    The original is one of my favourite tunes - especially the solo as it was one of the first things I learnt to play on guitar.

I don't think this version improves on the original neither does it stay true to it - so it's a bit of middle ground meh to me.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7807
    edited July 2015
    Yep, Better than Weller - Skin is great at ballads, one of the best female vocalists. I was going to see this show last year in Zurich, that was until they released the ticket prices. So, so, so expensive.

Saw them years ago in Brixton, with Muse as support, who were utter, utter shit and would have got my vote as support act guaranteed never to be heard of again. I guess this was before Showbiz was even released. As it happened SA all but disappeared and Muse became huge..  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Yep, Better than Weller - Skin is great at ballads, one of the best female vocalists. I was going to see this show last year in Zurich, that was until they released the ticket prices. So, so, so expensive.

Saw them years ago in Brixton, with Muse as support, who were utter, utter shit and would have got my vote as support act guaranteed never to be heard of again. I guess this was before Showbiz was even released. As it happened SA all but disappeared and Muse became huge..  
    Wis'd.  

I suppose Muse done alright, didn't they?  I prefer the heavier punkish rock of SA myself.  Muse are a bit poncy.
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 660

I saw them on the same tour, only in Newport. After Muse had finished one of my mates asked me what I thought. I replied 'Pile of shite mate, we won't be hearing from them again'. How right I was.........

;)

In all fairness they were totally forgettable, Skunk Anansie blew them away.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17645
    tFB Trader
    Early Muse were totally shit. 

I saw them at a festival when they were first starting out. Matt Bellamy had green hair and spent half of a song crawling around on his face screaming into the microphone incomprehensibly. I remember discussing with the people I was there with that they were one of the worst bands I'd ever seen. 

Saw them at wembly some years later and they were superb. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
    Great stuff. I wish all music sounded that good.
  • Skin's vocals are great but the band sound dull as fuck.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Unless she's covering his open grave with earth I don't think it will interest me.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm assuming the wow for my previous post was awarded ironically! :))
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    That was brilliant. Always loved Skin's vocals and Cass Lewis is one of my favourite bass players. Thanks for sharing!
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Great vocals of course, but couldn't hold my attention for the whole track.