SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - LAZY J 20 - The total package - Reverb, Tremolo, VAC and mid boost/cut switch.

What's Hot

Comments

• Personally, I'd keep my powder dry for another day, and as sure as eggs is eggs, there will be another day...

That's basically bollock'sd up all the bargain hunters at £1850, but is my opinion nonetheless. 

Good luck whichever way you go. 

b-(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scoobysnackscoobysnack Frets: 54
    edited August 2015
    Why is it such an issue to send it? It's easy to put it on a box ...no? I already send 1956 tweed deluxe in uk Mad professor cs40 in norway Van weelden twinkleland in swizerland Then?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jimkehoejimkehoe Frets: 208
    Thanks for the input - Currently talking to a guy from Nice happy to pay the £2000. As long as he will take responsibility for arranging a courier, collection and insurance I will go with that. 

Thanks again and will keep you updated.

Jim.
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    edited August 2015 tFB Trader
    I personally think eBay is the way to go and if you're looking for your price, which is perfectly acceptable market value, then that's the place that will realise it - although, if you'd offer shipping, which as @scoobysnack rightly says, isn't THAT much of a hassle, I think it would have sold in the first few days.

I don't think you'll get much luck here unless you drop it considerably as, and I put myself at the forefront of this, the classifieds here are populated mainly by bargain hunters.

And it's the time of year, all the buyers that would usually have that sort of money to drop on an amp are having 2 weeks away somwhere hot to pacify the wife and soften her up for the next GAS purchase.

Bide your time cause (as they say here in Herefordshire) 'she ain't eatin nothing'! :-)
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Fair comment.
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 456
    Really wish I had £1850! Just a load of pedals I need to get around to shifting
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • 1850£ is a fair price....
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Don't under sell it, you'll regret it :(
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • hoopshoops Frets: 224
    jimkehoe said:
    Thanks for the input - Currently talking to a guy from Nice happy to pay the £2000. As long as he will take responsibility for arranging a courier, collection and insurance I will go with that. 

Thanks again and will keep you updated.

Jim.
    I dealt with a guy in Nice about a year ago - seemed happy to pay full price and sort out courier then proceeded to ask loads of stupid questions and became quite rude in the end. It was a 1958 guitar and he expected it to look as if it had just arrived from the factory. Hope it's not the same guy.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9549
    Jim,

The selling market is poor and slow at the moment for everything, and none existamt for 'high end' stuff. I don't think that you get many 'biters', and if you do, move quickly. £1850 is a great price for it. Take it.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ourmaninthenorthourmaninthenorth Frets: 3418
    edited August 2015
    So an amp that's cost in excess of £2300, and is supposed to be akin to the second coming, is lucky to reach £1850? That is not my idea of great business to be honest. I'd definitely keep it. I'm just not used to losing money on gear, period. Supposed that's what comes of taking a longer view of gear. 

Obviously miles vary here. I'll confess that I'm so out of the loop as to not understand the economics of the current market, other than to say it's the complete antithesis to that which I've traded in for decades. 

Just an opinion, not looking for a row. 

EDIT. Jim, my apologies if this opinion is fouling your sale thread up, a PM from you will ensure it's deletion. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Valid opinion. I didn't buy new and was lucky enough to get it at a good price so I am not losing money.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2015
    jimkehoe said:
    Valid opinion. I didn't buy new and was lucky enough to get it at a good price so I am not losing money.
    That's the wind well and truly taken out of the sails of my argument... :))

Right, lets see if I can find something else to be outraged about.......that's none of my bloody business...
    b-(
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    jimkehoe;748021" said:
    Too truthful for your own good there Jim...
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    Honesty is the best policy. Hopefully you will attest to that. You bought my first Lazy J and I was totally honest about the tweaks I had asked Jesse to make & you tried it first.I know that subsequently you realised it wasn't how you wanted it & were able to put it back to stock with Jesse's help and not too much effort or cost. I always try and be honest and reasonable with people and usually find it reciprocated. Karma?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    jimkehoe said:
    Wish I can spot bargains like that. I joined the queue of 6 months plus and not a fully loaded one either. Lucky you :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5050
    edited August 2015
    miserneil;747138" said:
    And it's the time of year, all the buyers that would usually have that sort of money to drop on an amp are having 2 weeks away somwhere hot to pacify the wife and soften her up for the next GAS purchase.
    Lol!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    Sold to a Nice man from Nice.
    edited August 2015
    jimkehoe said:
    Sold to a Nice man from Nice.
    That's nice.  :))
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9549
    Well done Jim...

It's still an incredible amount of money as the new one retails for not much more.