All The Smorg Things - The Official Smorg Pedalboards Update Thread

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• GazLionGazLion Frets: 104
    I've got an old diago board that I've had for years, so will most likely be looking at replacing in January. My board has got an annoying lip all the way round, which can make inserting the jack a pain on some pedals that sit close to the lip. Also, my power supply has to sit on top so takes up valuable pedal space.

Couple of questions on your boards, will a pedal power plus 2 unit fit underneath your grab boards? Also, with using the soft bags, is it common for the pedal settings to get knocked in transit? I've only ever had the diago which is a hard top. Also, apologies if I've missed it, but any ETA on the hard case options on the tier cases? Cheers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8560
    GazLion said:
    I've got an old diago board that I've had for years, so will most likely be looking at replacing in January. My board has got an annoying lip all the way round, which can make inserting the jack a pain on some pedals that sit close to the lip. Also, my power supply has to sit on top so takes up valuable pedal space.

Couple of questions on your boards, will a pedal power plus 2 unit fit underneath your grab boards? Also, with using the soft bags, is it common for the pedal settings to get knocked in transit? I've only ever had the diago which is a hard top. Also, apologies if I've missed it, but any ETA on the hard case options on the tier cases? Cheers
    The Grab won't accomodte a power plus 2, it will take a power supply up to about 30mm in depth - which is the Cioks Adam/DC5, Diago Powerstation and Micropower9, and the Gigrig Generator to my knowledge.

There is definately more risk of knobs being knocked with a soft case, but if you're careful with it shouldn't be a problem.

The Tier range will take anything, LOADs of space underneath.

Hard case is sorted for the Tier, pictures / availability will be up on the website as soon as I get the final sample, likely first week in Jan.

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

Cheers
  • GazLionGazLion Frets: 104
    Good stuff I'll take a look at the tier in January then

Just a note to say that although Smorg won't offically be at this weekend's Guitar Show, if you are curious to see one then @ThorpyFX will have a Grab500 underfoot on his stand, and there will also be an all silver Grab400 Package at our very own TheFretboard stand, which may well be up for "grabs" soon.

I will be wandering around on the Saturday (I'll be the only one with a Smorg T-shirt!), so say hello, but rest assured that I'm not there to push pedalboards, I'm there in my capacity as general gear geek and to put my no-Gas-challange to proper test.

Cheers

A couple of productive days catching up on some back logged orders means I found time to have some fun this morning.

Here's a mini board I made to be an exact fit inside a retro Gola satchel bag.

And here it is populated with some random pedals for effect.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I think I'll nick name it the Grab&Gola :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16316
    Excellent :)
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    Yeah- that's brilliant!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com

Just a heads up, in a week or so I will be putting a note on my Website to say that I won't be taking any new orders for a period of around 8 weeks, I'll be queuing up a waiting list for those who can be patient but I won't take any new deposit money or be able to commit to the usual 2 - 3 weeks build time. 

This is due to the impending arrival of my first born guitar player, I want to spend the next few weeks clearing up on any orders already in and then when the baby lands it just won't be possible for the first 6 weeks or so to do the all encompassing day job as well as making boards in the evening or at weekends.

So if anyone was thinking of ordering then let me know soonest, otherwise normal service will resume in early Summer!

Cheers

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I've only just clicked onto this, I'm a bit slow. I genuinely cannot believe how affordable your stuff is bearing in mind the quality. Definitely will look at it next time.
    Good luck with the impending arrival!
    ennspek said:
    I've only just clicked onto this, I'm a bit slow. I genuinely cannot believe how affordable your stuff is bearing in mind the quality. Definitely will look at it next time.
    Good luck with the impending arrival!
    Thank you. I do try to offer honest pricing, maybe that's why I'll never get rich on the back of them!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    So last orders being delivered this week and shop shut for a couple of months.

Keep your eye out in the classifieds later this week though for a few last Fretboard specials, a couple of oddities and a couple of 'B' stock Grabs.