Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

My wife's awesome.

What's Hot
Birthday today and my wonderful wife has got me a Yamaha THR10 amp PLUS a brand new Gibson Les Paul LPJ Goldtop.Even better considering I've already got 9 guitars and 2 amps.No pictures yet as I'm on my phone.I have told her it's my last guitar however I do love the look of those new Charvel San Dimas hardtails.Mmmmmm I wonder, Christmas is coming.Might be pushing my luck though.
Laugh, love, live, learn. 
3reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Ace!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You do realise that the price for selling the LPJ will be a divorce, right? That's why I never let my wife buy me guitars...
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1112
    Happy birthday and nice score! :D
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6423
    Good swag !

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306

Bimey, she's worth hanging onto.

Happy Birthday!

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73097
    That is a happy birthday :).

The great thing about the LPJ Goldtop - given that you can never, ever sell it now ;) - is that it's a perfect candidate for upgrades, and you can have fun with it without worrying about destroying the value of it… as opposed to if it was an R9 or something.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    Holy crap where can I get a wife like this?

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Nice one. Happy birthday dude.
  • Happy Birthday you lucky bastard!
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

Oooooooh! Well played, that man!

Is she after something?

• Nice! Envy ... ;)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    mmm! When some women see a man with a bunch of flowers they say "oh yeah, hes in the dog house,whats he been up to?".   Anyway just saying.        Happy Birthday. 
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10418
    YThanks for the kind comments guys.I think the LPJ is definitely a keeper,wouldn't consider selling it as I've wanted a Gibson since I was a kid.She bought me both my other amps and at least two guitars so that's part of the reason I've got so many.If anything I'll probably pass some on to my two sons if they ever take an interest.Re modding the LPJ, I'm going to change the plastics to cream,change the knobs,maybe the tuners and uncover the pickups to make it look more like a regular goldtop.No complaints with the sound though,it sounds epic.

The wife really is great though.Never nags or any of the usual wifey rubbish.Been decorating the hall and landing since February last year and it's still not finished( nearly) and she's never moaned once.Mind my second name should be procrastinate.We both work hard and full time so she knows how hard it is to get stuff done round the house.Just to reiterate,My wife is awesome!
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Happy birthday ... ace presents and a great wife. You're a lucky bloke. Enjoy the rest of the day.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited October 2013
    There was a thread on here recently about the LPJ pick-ups. It's not a simple case of taking off the covers. I'll see if I can find it.... Here you go: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/2432/gibson-lpj-any-good/p1
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73097
    I was thinking of something like P-Rails (black with cream surrounds would look really cool on the gold), with four push-push pots to give coil split and which coil is split to, or series/parallel and split.

Damn, I've almost talked myself into buying one now! :) Wife's birthday is a lot sooner than mine… thinking ahead… wonder what I can get her to the rough value of an LPJ...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1702
    When I got engaged, my wife bought me my Fender Blacktop as a present :) My wife is more than awesome thou. 
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10418
    Yeah not_the_dj saw that post about the pickup covers Saw one on Mylespaul saying if you add some regular baseplates to the bottom of the pickups it can be done.Got some old Epiphone pickups so going to give it a go if the plates fit.

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261

top girlie

and happy birthday matey..

play every note as if it were your first
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    Just to reiterate,My wife is awesome!
    Don't tell us, tell her. Be sure to mention that we all think she's awesome too.