SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Trying to locate missing original parts for my PRS Ted DC 245 (forum-owned)

Hi

I recently purchased a PRS Ted McCarty DC 245 from forum member "dangee", which I believe has been through a few hands on this forum.

Great guitar - has already been through two gigs successfully - and Dan was a pleasure to deal with.

However, it would appear that a previous owner(s) replaced the original PRS strap buttons with some form of locking studs - and I believe that the switch tip is also non-original.

If any of the previous owners have the parts (or the strap parts of the locking studs) then I'd very much appreciate it if they could get in touch with a view to sending these parts onto me.

Also, to the previous owners, I'd appreciate it if they could share with me (by PM, if preferred) their part in the story of this guitar - for no other reason than it would be nice to know the history of the guitar in a little more detail.

Many thanks :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• photekphotek Frets: 1507
    edited July 2015
    @trotter was this one yours for a bit?
  • PowerslavePowerslave Frets: 103
    Many thanks to "trotter" for providing some info about this guitar.

Information before / after his ownership would still be appreciated, as would any info regarding the strap buttons and pup selector switch tip for the guitar.

Again, thanks for the contributions so far :)
  • PowerslavePowerslave Frets: 103
    Just thought I'd give this one more bump . . .

Forum brother "dangee", who sold the guitar to me, did not receive the original strap studs (and no original switch tip, if this has been changed). Everyone who has been in touch with me has stated that the original(s) were with the guitar when it was with them.

So, I guess I'm one or two previous owners missing. If it's you, or you know who it is, could you please get in touch if you have the parts in question? That really would be very much appreciated.