Dear Guitar Techniques

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    edited January 2016
    chrisv said:
    mellowsun said:
    @chrisv the new look G&B is great. On the digital side,  do you have any plans to add video reviews on the G&B web site?
    Thanks @mellowsun – video is still barely-charted territory for G&B, although it's something I have a lot of experience of on both sides of the camera. It's very much on the agenda for 2016 but the frequency and type of video is still up for discussion. 

Now is a very good time to let me know what sort of thing you'd like to see! :-)

@chrisv that's exactly the type of video, personally, that I'd like to see, as it shows the guitar in action with a nice instrumental being played rather than bashing out stock licks. Videos where someone plays the same short riff using each pickup are a waste of time imho. 

So more like this one please! Maybe initially with a bit of a voice over describing the guitar, in a similar way to how Andy from ProGuitarShop demos stuff.

I'd seen this guitar on the Coda web site last week and thought it was the best looking Fano so far - looking forward to the review.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
    There was a more recent thread on this but couldn't find it. 
    I bought two issues about 5 months ago or so. 

But the last few... jesus, back to the same old "improve your blues"...

... since I'm now a member of jamplay I can hand on heart say that unless the mag steps up to do some really new interesting articles other than blues I'm ditching it as I've got a LOT to work on through jamplay. VERY disappointed to see the usual blues guff again and again.
    How do you find JamPlay? Just had a look on the website & it looks interesting, but the sample vids seem to be more chat than actual playing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I suggest trialling it.
    I prefer the look and layout, the games, the artist series - some people sign up to several sites! 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
    Enjoying this month's mag. I've been waiting for a Motown Style lesson for years and finally it has arrived.
  • I haven't bought a guitar magazine for around 5 years now, barring occasional gifts or airport reading fodder. 
    I use GuitarInteractive mostly, it's free, good reviews, great columns, varied content with a rock slant. 

Oh and btw can everyone stop saying 'blooze' it really really grips my shit. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    edited August 2016
    Can everyone please stop saying 'grips my shit'? It really boils my piss..

;)
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12724

Oh and btw can everyone stop saying 'blooze' it really really grips my shit. 
    I use the term 'blooze' as it sums up the shite pedalled by most of the so-called blues players these days. Too much overdrive, too many notes and not enough feeling.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1702
    I'm so over GT now.. I don't buy guitar mags now unless it has at least 3/4 things in it I want to read
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7434
    Since my last comment above I've bought all the issues and probably read about 10% off them. Should probably cancel but it's difficult as I started at issue 100 when it was brilliant and its hard admitting its gone downhill.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4219
    We need Guitar for the Practising Musician back, at least that was diverse and well written