• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    @Whitecat - Genius, pure genius =D> =))
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveGVSteveGV Frets: 344
    rlw said:
    SteveGV said:
    rlw said:
    SteveGV said:
    These are starting to appear on our pre-order page now - http://guitarvillage.uk.com/products/254/Offers-Vintage-Products-Coming-Soon.aspx (go straight to the bottom of the page)
    LP Standards and Traditionals are now on there, with more LP's, Firebirds and V's being added very shortly.
    Are you going to get any of the LP Less Plus GTs which only seem to appear in mainland Europe?
    Is that the the one with P90's? They are available to order in the UK and looks like they're in stock at Gibson but nothing on our order plan unfortunately.
    Thanks Steve.  I shall look around..........
    Really sorry about that, before we could have just ordered it in but due to the way dealerships have changed it makes it harder for us to order in one-offs that aren't on our pre-agreed plan

**Signed up to reply to a few comments regarding the shop, had a look about....decided to stick around! Opinions are my own and do not represent the views of Guitar Village.**

steve@guitarvillage.com | www.guitarvillage.co.uk

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5431
    SteveGV said:
    Really sorry about that, before we could have just ordered it in but due to the way dealerships have changed it makes it harder for us to order in one-offs that aren't on our pre-agreed plan
    Astonishing... 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Any idea when these will be arriving @stevegv? And do you do 0% finance...
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    That Firebird in Pelham Blue...be still my beating heart!
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    @not_the_dj - Where possible, major production today is trying to be lean, producing only what you need to. Of course, the production management will have a tolerance level to make sure orders are fulfilled when risks are realised.

But 'accidental over-production' of a few hundred guitars? No. I don't know any production manager who isn't very tight on his production orders. He builds what someone asks him to and keeps a tight audit trail to cover his ass. Were they ordered and didn't sell? Maybe. But thats a different reason, not over-production :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4711
    SteveGV;721846" said:
    rlw said:

SteveGV said:

rlw said:

SteveGV said:

These are starting to appear on our pre-order page now - http://guitarvillage.uk.com/products/254/Offers-Vintage-Products-Coming-Soon.aspx (go straight to the bottom of the page)LP Standards and Traditionals are now on there, with more LP's, Firebirds and V's being added very shortly.

Are you going to get any of the LP Less Plus GTs which only seem to appear in mainland Europe?

Is that the the one with P90's? They are available to order in the UK and looks like they're in stock at Gibson but nothing on our order plan unfortunately.

Thanks Steve.  I shall look around..........

Steve. No worries and thanks for taking the time to reply - much appreciated.

Richard
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5431
    Chalky said:
    @not_the_dj - Where possible, major production today is trying to be lean, producing only what you need to. Of course, the production management will have a tolerance level to make sure orders are fulfilled when risks are realised.

But 'accidental over-production' of a few hundred guitars? No. I don't know any production manager who isn't very tight on his production orders. He builds what someone asks him to and keeps a tight audit trail to cover his ass. Were they ordered and didn't sell? Maybe. But thats a different reason, not over-production :)
    PRS make extra guitars "in addition" to what they've already sold. If you contact a dealer they can find out what the factory has in-stock available today that hasn't been spoken for.

More importantly, if you want to order a model that they don't have available for whatever reason, they'll make it for you... it may be 4-6 months but at least they'll do it, which as we've learned earlier in this thread, Gibson is unable/unwilling to do.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Form the time I was trying to order a limited edition ES Les Paul (which I did get in the end, thanks Doug at Coda) I spoke with a few shops (Coda, GAK, GuitarGuitar) and they all said Gibson were a nightmare. They get sent what they get sent, and it might or it might not be what they ordered, so I could see how individual orders are a pain. Andertons just said, "no we're not getting any of those" same with another store.

Doug at Coda was checking the Gibson Dealer Pass daily for updates, and to be honest it was really frustrating, and everyone agreed that it's a Gibson thing, they seem to do what they like.

I'd be quite impressed if Gibson did indeed follow lean manufacturing principles.
  • SteveGVSteveGV Frets: 344
    edited July 2015
    Any idea when these will be arriving @stevegv? And do you do 0% finance...
    Yep we can offer 24 months 0% APR on all these. This is what we're due first, which should be anytime now - 

LP Studio Wine Red & Desert Burst
    LP Traditional Tobacco SB, Honeyburst & Cherry SB
    LP Standard Honeyburst & Cherry SB
    LP Standard Prem Quilt Honeyburst
    LP CM
    All the Midtowns
    Flying V White & Ebony

As mentioned above it can be a bit of a lottery as to exactly what we will receive but these are due first.

**Signed up to reply to a few comments regarding the shop, had a look about....decided to stick around! Opinions are my own and do not represent the views of Guitar Village.**

steve@guitarvillage.com | www.guitarvillage.co.uk

• ...NGD in coming...
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27120
    I really fancy a red Flying V. Am I ill?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • badlydrawnbanjobadlydrawnbanjo Frets: 855
    edited August 2015
    Arrived yesterday. Chuffed with it so far but not had chance to use it in anger yet though. First thoughts are that its pretty bright sounding and feels huge! Also, in with the warranty documents there was a proper photograph of the guitar on the inspection bench in Gibson HQ, never had that before.

http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o605/banjo74/05E300BD-7135-4333-BE20-B954EB4CD7D3_zpsrded00r6.jpg

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Awesome. That's the one I'd go for.
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    any junior double cuts ?
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    Awesome. That's the one I'd go for.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    And still no Lols? Oh come on, if Family Guy had made that joke, you'd be carrying 'em around on your shoulders!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martinw;753844" said:
    And still no Lols? Oh come on, if Family Guy had made that joke, you'd be carrying 'em around on your shoulders!
    I've given you a sympathy LOL but to be honest I don't get it. Highbrow comedy's not really my bag.
    tFB Trader
    martinw;753844" said:
    I've given you a sympathy LOL but to be honest I don't get it. Highbrow comedy's not really my bag.
    One I'd go for....

One eyed gopher.
  • it's good but it's not right. If you see it, say it.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom