SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: PRS Custom 22 PRICE DROP £900 Whale Blue Dragon 1 pups

What's Hot
DaneffDaneff Frets: 42
edited May 2014 in Guitars £

No longer for sale.
Prs Custom 22 in Whale Blue. Wide thin neck carve, Dragon 1 pickups, 1997 model. Has excellent maple figuring for a non 10-top. Moondot inlays. Comes with PRS hardcase, trem arm, allen key +  truss rod tools, and some case candy.

This is a work horse guitar, it has been used!! It has plenty of dings and chips in the laquer on the body, the worst being a series of dents along the outter edge of the body. There are ZERO dings or marks on the back of the neck or the fretboard. Some very minor fret wear on first 3 frets, all the rest are just fine. As seen in pictures. 

Price: £950 + delivery - Will take £900 + delivery
Trades: Would ONLY be interested in a USA PRS Tremonti model, maybe an Ibanez K7. 
Willing to drive a small amount or longer for minimum petrol money to do a deal rather than post. 

See link for lots of photo's:

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nice and great price!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Agreed!

If it's a '97 though then there's a very good chance (especially being uncovered) that those humbuckers are Dragon 1s, not 2s - and all the better for it. :)
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17916
    tFB Trader
    Man o man that's lovely.
  • DaneffDaneff Frets: 42
    guitargeek62;71019" said:
    Agreed!

If it's a '97 though then there's a very good chance (especially being uncovered) that those humbuckers are Dragon 1s, not 2s - and all the better for it. :)
    -------------------------------------------

Interesting! I've just looked at the hang tag, it just says "Dragon" as the pick ups.... I assume this warrants taking one out to confirm it?? Will it say on the back of the pups?
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    They will have a sticker saying Dragon or Dragon II.   guitargeek62 is spot on and they are more likely to be dragon 1's which won't harm  the sale at all :)
    And the moment of truth ladies and gentlemen 

Does this mean im giving it away now?  >:D<
  • Lol, perhaps! The Dragon 1's are a much "better" sounding pickup, hotter for sure, but they had a pretty special ability to stay clear under any gain and yet still be able to split very well and not sound unbalanced. I've seen the sets go for about £250 or so in the states, but the prices have dropped again of late.

Definitely a nice package though, and a fair price - I've had two almost-identical ones (a '96, and a '98) and I still don't recall why I sold them. :\
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1142
    the original Dragon pickups were being passed around for good money 3-4 years ago in the "PRS Community" so it does add a bit of incentive to this one if the buyer could be arsed to remove them and sell in the US, but then you've got to buy new ones etc...

it's a good buy for £950, if i were in the market i'd take a punt on it

• RolandRoland Frets: 8851
    Surprised it hasn't gone yet. If I needed another PRS then I'd have snapped it up yesterday
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    I've had a lot of interest. Some hilarious attempts at slagging off the condition of the guitar and low balling me on gumtree. I suppose some people will try anything. No need to be insulting and aggressive though gumtree-ers! The positive response from you lot makes up for it though! :)
  • in my experince gumtree isn't worth the hassle, i stick to forums and ebay if i'm not getting anywhere

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4253
    edited November 2013
    If this wasn't a wide-thin then I'd have had it off you already. Alas, I like a bit more depth on my necks!!! :(
    Bump
  • Depending on how much I splurge on xmas shopping this weekend, I may be in touch. Don't suppose you're able to measure the neck depth at the first fret by chance?
    guitargeek62;77031" said:
    Depending on how much I splurge on xmas shopping this weekend, I may be in touch. Don't suppose you're able to measure the neck depth at the first fret by chance?
    If you let me know how you want this I'll get on it no problem
  • PM'd
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1831
    hmm.......if GG doesn't take it, I might be interested..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Go for it - it's not likely that I'll get the go ahead tbh so I'm not calling dibs. :)
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1831
    Go for it - it's not likely that I'll get the go ahead tbh so I'm not calling dibs. :)
    sure? I'll put a speculative pm in to Mr Daneff..