SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: PRS Custom 22 PRICE DROP £900 Whale Blue Dragon 1 pups

What's Hot

Comments

• Yup, fraid so. If it was a wide-fat I'd fight you for it, but chances are I'd move it on in 6 months or so anyway! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1831
    ok, cheers GG, see, I'm bit of a freak and like both profiles on the PRS's
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17919
    tFB Trader
    If my ASAT goes this is top of my list
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28044

Buy a cheaper car than you originally intended to, and use the rest of the car budget to buy a guitar  ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17919
    tFB Trader
    TTony;77493" said:
    monquixote said:

Buy a cheaper car than you originally intended to, and use the rest of the car budget to buy a guitar  ;)
    That almost works but now the Mrs wants a new car!

Can I interest you in an ASAT?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28044
    ASAT's not really a "me" guitar. 

The shiny blue one up there ^^^ is more of a "me" guitar, but having had a car consolidation, a guitar consolidation is probably next ... Which means fewer rather than morer.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11535
    Don't need another guitar, just as well it's wide thin.  At least I'm not tempted.
  • DaneffDaneff Frets: 42
    bump
  • excuse my ignorance on this Model, but does it have push \pull coil taps ?
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4258
    edited November 2013
    Sorry to jump in before Dan but here's the specs from PRS on the 5-way rotary switch;

ROTARY POSITIONS

• Position 10: Treble pickup
    • Position 9: Outside coils- deep and clear - parallel
    • Position 8: Series single coils – Warm version of the "in between the treble and middle pickups"
    • Position 7: Parallel single coils – Crisp version of the "in between the treble and middle pickups"
    • Position 6: Bass pickup
    It doesn't work in practice for everyone, which is why you often see these swapped out for a 3-way toggle and a push-pull tone pot to split the 'buckers. For me at least the sounds offered by the 5-way are fantastic (particularly with these Dragon 1 humbuckers), and it's worth taking the time to get used to the new method of switching. It's also easily rectified by swapping the knob out for something with more grip and/or a more visible pointer - like a J-bass knob for example.
    No coil tapping im afraid. Dunno if it would have the option with some modification!

I assume this CU has the 5 way rotary? if so, then it alreasy does a fair amount of tapping with the "in between" sounds available.

to get a standard 3 way + coil taps set-up, you would need the McCarty switching installed which is a doddle to do,

• thanks mate - that clears it up !! so how do you know which position you're in ? looks like a standard 10 digit tone pot ?
    *facepalm* sorry my brain didn't engage at all when I just read "push pull" coil taps. Course it has the 5 way rotary! D'oh!
    rmilesy said:
    thanks mate - that clears it up !! so how do you know which position you're in ? looks like a standard 10 digit tone pot ?

no easy way as far as I can remember (of all the PRS's I've had, they've all been McCarty), something in the back of my mind tells me that the position relates to 5-10 on that pot.

The CE22 I had with Rotary produced some lovely sounds, the out of phase is one I particularly remember.

• Nice looking axe.....good luck with the sale!
  • Sorry to jump in before Dan but here's the specs from PRS on the 5-way rotary switch;

ROTARY POSITIONS

• Position 10: Treble pickup
    • Position 9: Outside coils- deep and clear - parallel
    • Position 8: Series single coils – Warm version of the "in between the treble and middle pickups"
    • Position 7: Parallel single coils – Crisp version of the "in between the treble and middle pickups"
    • Position 6: Bass pickup
    It doesn't work in practice for everyone, which is why you often see these swapped out for a 3-way toggle and a push-pull tone pot to split the 'buckers. For me at least the sounds offered by the 5-way are fantastic (particularly with these Dragon 1 humbuckers), and it's worth taking the time to get used to the new method of switching. It's also easily rectified by swapping the knob out for something with more grip and/or a more visible pointer - like a J-bass knob for example.
    So you all missed my post then? :D
  • How does the wide thin neck compare to say a Gibson 60's neck? Is the board wider than a Gibson, say more Ibanez territory?

edited November 2013
    Im not familiar with the Gibson necks so can't really say. Its not in Ibanez territory, more fender in its depth, but wider fretboard. I expect someone more qualified will come along and comment now haha :)
  • I simultaneously had a Gibson 60's neck LP , a PRS custom 24 wide thin n a Jem Vai - the Prs sat in the middle - marginally shalllower in depth than the 60's classic i have but not Jem thin - the radius of the PRS was more modern fender - approx 10"  than the Gibson 12"and certainly not as flat as the Jem 15+" .. 

overall the W/T neck is a easy swap to go from gibson 60's IMHO - I only let my 24 go cos I wasnt a huge fan of the 5 way n the VB / HFS pickup combo and tbh the scarlet red flame top was too nice !! 

good luck with sale