the teaching my kids how to drum area...

...its gonna get messy, and loud :) fun tho.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    Cool. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    Awesomes!
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Ace.

I had the same Alesis kit and stupidly punted it.
    :(
  • johnnyurq said:
    Ace.

I love the dm10 module, its so tweakable and they have done a great job with the sounds, chokeable cymbals are nice aswell.
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    I had one too. Rats ate it.
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    for a long time I've had an urge to get a V-drum kit
    play every note as if it were your first
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8502
    I started out on a Yamaha DT-xpress. Many fun times were had!
  • That one on the left looks pretty nice, hows the feel of the pads? The bass drum pad looks nice and big, I assume it's easy enough to use a double pedal with?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8502
    edited October 2013
    PolarityMan said: I assume it's easy enough to use a double pedal with?

DOUBLE PEDAL? No no no, he's teaching his kids how to
    drum.
  • That one on the left looks pretty nice, hows the feel of the pads? The bass drum pad looks nice and big, I assume it's easy enough to use a double pedal with?
    the stock skins you see on the toms are mylar, theyre okay for stock do the job nicely... the snare and bass I have put real mesh heads on like the snare on the Roland kit and they are superb, will probably do the toms in the future, they are standard skin fitments so the world is your oyster... you can also take the rubber off the rims for more authentic feel but I have all the rims set to trigger different sounds(cowbells etc...) so it suits better with them on..

bass can take a double pedal.
  • Cool. My wife (and me, and the kids) would love an electric drum kit. Which ones do you have there?

What other kits do people recommend? I saw the Alesis DM6 for £310 which is the right ballpark figure for us.
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3368
    edited October 2013
    Alesis DM10 Studio mkii and Roland V Drums lite whocj is a great kit only a few sounds but really good, what you see is what you get with that one no upgrade or add on options and when you have got used to a real kick pedal its hard to use the fake one on the a Roland... it is a great kit tho... the Alesis is a cut above the V Drums but so is the price..

I have played a DM6 and preferred it to the Yamaha dtx400 but both cannot compete with the real mesh head snares.

go and try them out.. if you are near Leicester you are quite welcome to pop in for a sesh.
  • Cheers for the info. We're not that far away actually - peterborough. It'll be next year before we do it so I might give you a nudge nearer the time. Happy drumming though
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    edited October 2013
    johnnyurq said:
    Ace.

I love the dm10 module, its so tweakable and they have done a great job with the sounds, chokeable cymbals are nice aswell.
    This was my setup which was the DM10X with double bass pedal (not shown) and as you say the DM10 module is excellent and very good cymbals too.

Must revisit it again soon as the prices 2nd hand are pretty low these days.

Mesh head conversion makes a huge difference and easy to do cheaply.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    edited November 2013
    Does that Roland work well on midi?

Not that I'm going to buy one, I'm just itching my curiosity. I just sold an electric kit today, kinda regretted it but space is an issue for me at present. The other issue is my kids all of a sudden developed an interest two days before it went....Now who's the bad dad to two toddlers.....?

I never used my old one with midi/BFD 2 and the guy who bought it today just quickly auditioned it with Logic Drummer and it sounded great.