Contacting Sky [satellite TV]

RockerRocker Frets: 5037
What an experience!  When you navigate the spoken menu system and gone through all the rigmarole of A/c number etc., the agent frequently puts you on hold to allegedly consult a colleague.  This is to prolong the call and wear you down.  And I have found that the agent 'accidentally' cut me off when putting me on hold.

My latest query was why Sky showed no loyalty to me [a customer of more than five years].  No discounts, no free Sky packages for a few months, no free Sky Sports during the Ryder Cup, still paying the HD additional charge even if most TVs are HD and a lot of stations are HD. Etc.  After a few hours of getting nowhere, being on hold, cut off,  I received a text message from Sky.  This message included a Sky.com reference number that would give the decision on my 'query'.  The problem was that there is nowhere on Sky.com that has the facility to input this reference number!  You could not make this up.  I phoned Sky again and eventually an agent explained that I had been granted a 10% or so discount for three months.  She could not explain the reference number text and seemed unaware that such a text was sent to customers who complained.

I will be cancelling my Sky account just as soon as I can arrange a 'free to air' equivalent of the Sky HD system.  There is only one word that adequately describes Sky but discretion prevents me from using it on a public forum.  [Hint: the first letter is W]

Anyone else had any similar experiences with Sky?
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27835
    Balls to that. Find the name of the MD and email firstname.lastname@sky.com laying out all the problems and every time you've been let down and that is why you wish to leave. You'll get a call from his exec CS team who'll bend backwards for you.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1112
    Get a Freesat box, that'll learn 'em! :D

http://www.freesat.co.uk/get-freesat/recommended/boxes

• always go straight through to cancellations no matter what..I seem to get satisfactory results that way.

I have no problem with Sky CS, no better or worse than any other out there..
  • Bunch of bandits. After our sky box corrupted a months worth of recordings while on honeymoon I was told I'd have to pay for an engineer to come and look at it, there'd probably be nothing I could do and my only recourse would be to sign up for their shady insurance so that I can get a replacement sky box.

Sadly virgin aren't an option where I am now but as soon as I get a chance sky can fuck off.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Told them to sod off last year got free sat and apart from missing Dave I'm good
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    Yes if you go through to cancellations they almost always offer you a discount to encourage you to stay.
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • Odd that you are still paying for HD. With the new entertainment + package you get all the entertainment and HD. It should no longer be a separate charge? Trying going to the website and unselect some packages such as HD and select entertainment+.
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3090
    Never had a problem dealing with Sky. Apart from the fact my package is now over £100 per month....
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Get through to cancellations and you get a sweet deal usually.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    I left mine to the day before it was due to end one time and they came up with a bonza deal.
  • RobDavies said:
    Never had a problem dealing with Sky. Apart from the fact my package is now over £100 per month....
    whats weird is Sky or Virgin cannot do a whole package that is cheaper than splitting... I have tv via Sky and bband with Virgin, its the cheapest way.. very strange.
  • RobDavies said:
    My freesat box cost £40 guess its just a matter of what floats your boat ( no offence intended Rob)
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3090
    maltingsaudio;71846" said:
    RobDavies said:

Never had a problem dealing with Sky.

Apart from the fact my package is now over £100 per month....

My freesat box cost £40 guess its just a matter of what floats your boat ( no offence intended Rob)
    None taken. I'm guessing your freesat box doesn't give you unlimited broadband, unlimited phone calls, sky sports, sky movies and skygo.