queensryche/dream theater

mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited October 2013
    Hmm... didn't like the vocals from either of the singers, the snare sound really pissed me off, Michael Wilton's solo was a bit crap, even Petrucci's wasn't as brilliant as I would expect from him... nah, really didn't like it I'm afraid!

Now, this:

THAT is what DT (plus guest saxophonist) can really do with Pink Floyd :D

Despite an appalling shirt and hairstyle from JP...
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Geoff Tate was long past his prime there, and already in the spiral of (alleged) alcoholism. Hell, you can see that he's reading the lyrics off a sheet on the stage. By this point, QR had already been phoning it in for the money for a good 7 or 8 years :(
    <space for hire>
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28345
    Saw the DT live cover of the whole Dark side of the moon album. It was awesome! Also saw another tour where they did the whole Number of the beast album. Not many bands could pull off learning a whole other classic album to play instead of having support!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17672
    tFB Trader
    Alternatively listen to Pink Floyd.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28345
    Not sure that they have played all of DSotM live for about a million years?
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1110
    Geoff Tate was long past his prime there, and already in the spiral of (alleged) alcoholism. Hell, you can see that he's reading the lyrics off a sheet on the stage. By this point, QR had already been phoning it in for the money for a good 7 or 8 years :(
    They went downhill after Empire imho. Mindcrime is still one of my fave albums.

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26765
    edited November 2013
    wibble said:

I'm not too keen on Empire, but Promised Land is probably my favourite behind Mindcrime. Totally different kind of album, but brilliant in its own way. Generally speaking, though, it's been utter shite since then. The latest from the full band (not GT's bunch of misfits) is musically not bad, but the mastering on the album is so hot I can't listen to it for more than a minute or two at a time.
    <space for hire>
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    wibble said:

I'm not too keen on Empire, but Promised Land is probably my favourite behind Mindcrime. Totally different kind of album, but brilliant in its own way. Generally speaking, though, it's been utter shite since then. The latest from the full band (not GT's bunch of misfits) is musically not bad, but the mastering on the album is so hot I can't listen to it for more than a minute or two at a time.

I like the latest from the Wilton/Jackson/Rockenfeld stable.

The worst has to be American Soldier. And GT has turned into a complete c@@t

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• wibble said:

Promsied land is the only queensyche album I own, not a bad album actually. Everything else I have heard of theres hasnt really grabbed me in the same way, althouhg I confessed I havent gone out actively looking for good stuff from them.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    edited November 2013
    axisus said:
    Not sure that they have played all of DSotM live for about a million years?
    I saw them at Earls Court not a million years ago, almost 20 though. :D