Toolbox plugins, compressor, eq, verb

So I just reinstalled my machine and I have been using a dodgy version of waves for eq, compression and verb. This is the last piece of non legit stuff I have so wanna invest in something legal. So looking for a compressor, eq and verb or maybe cheapish plugin bundle covering the lot and some extras. The thing I loved about things like waves rcomp was the visual aspect which really helps when you don't have golden eats like me. Total budget maybe 100 squids. What do people suggest?
ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26665
    The TC M40 reverb is pretty cheap, and excellent.

I use the Molot compressor (free), particularly on vocals and guitar. Don't think it has a sidechain input, though, so it's no good for ducking bass for the kick drum.

Thankfully, Reaper's built-in compressor is excellent for that. Even better, if you're not a Reaper user you can download all the ReaPlugs for free:

<space for hire>
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2086
    Waves have been doing daily or weekend deals at the moment....check it out.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • FezFez Frets: 528
    Computer Music magazine comes with loads of useful plugins.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7295
    The TC M40 reverb is pretty cheap, and excellent.

I use the Molot compressor (free), particularly on vocals and guitar. Don't think it has a sidechain input, though, so it's no good for ducking bass for the kick drum.

Thankfully, Reaper's built-in compressor is excellent for that. Even better, if you're not a Reaper user you can download all the ReaPlugs for free:

I do use reacomp and reaeq from time to time.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7962
    edited August 2015
    What DAW and what do you think is missing from the stock plugins?

For reverbs I honestly think Valhalla is very tough to beat.  Room or Vintage verb would be my suggestions.  There are demo versions, price of plugins is $50 each.  https://valhalladsp.com/

Klanghelm are worth a look for compression and saturation, very cheap, price range is around €20 but there are free compressors with less functionality (MJUC jr and DC1A).  http://www.klanghelm.com/

For EQ I'm going to say stick with your stock EQ until you want to spend more money.  Fab Filter Pro Q 2 is fantastic, and absolutely worth the money.  Natural phase mode really helps with high gain guitars, the interface is really nice, it does mid side etc. However it would blow your whole budget in one go.  Watch the video demo on the page, if you were going to go over budget this would be the plugin I'd suggest because EQ is something you'll put on most if not every track.   Price is £114, but any Fab Filter customer can refer you for 10% discount (I can do this, or any friend you have who legally owns them can do this).

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22206
    edited August 2015
    Tokyo Dawn Labs: Feedback Compressor II and Kotelnikov are both free as is Slick EQ. All are excellent. 

Melda Productions: the Free bundle is brilliant. Good EQ and analyzer, all the basics are in there and some that surprise by how far they can go. 49 Euros to upgrade to the ad free version (the ads are not intrusive). I bought the bundle during the Black Friday sales so it was 25 Euros, a piddly £17. 

If you're on 32-bit Windows, then Bootsy's plugins at Variety of Sound are well worth snapping up for free.