SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted cheers! Lowden O--c model

What's Hot
cowmoocowmoo Frets: 41
edited April 2016 in Acoustics £
O model wanted with cutaway, what ya got?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Have a look at the Lowden guitars Rudi has over at tfoa.eu - Always good service and stupidly nice guitars!
  • cowmoocowmoo Frets: 41
    edited August 2015
    Will do, cheers :)
    Bump
  • O32c on adverts.ie just over £2000
    Thanks, i'll take a look :'
    looks like he's ignoring me :)
  • Might be worth giving it another go? I wasn't going to contact him myself, but GAS got the better of me :) What's your budget? I'm always hunting around for an old O12c (pretty much daily) so could give you a shout if I see something
    well i've seen them, O models, on the bay as low as £1500 and recently on adverts ie, there's been a couple doing the rounds at about 2k so that's where i'm at. I tried to sell on there but as l'm not in Ireland i can't. Not seen any O12's though, but i'll keep a watch :)
    Still looking 
  • Thanks, that's a beauty, I'm going to contact them to see what the final cost with shipping is. Cheaper than the O32 on adverts too. Cheers :)
  • Rudi and his family are great and really helpful -Customer service is always top from them. I'm pretty sure shipping is free on something that price, but safest to check :) No Problem and enjoy! I might have nabbed the Mahogany/Spruce O22 that was there :) :)
  • yeah 'tis free....works out about 1900 quid, which is very good. I was only going to be able to offer about £2k for the Irish guitar, I doubt he would have dropped 500 euro though?

You've bought the O22? 

• Not bad going for a nice Oc. Hope it was Cedar you were after though? If I were you I would have asked him to drop the price already :) But I guess it would have been the hassle of getting there and back as I don't remember him sounding like he would ship it ...

I had to get the O22. It's a 'custom' model so has a Spruce top, just like the old O12's did. Now all I need are some Fishman pickups and to maybe begrudgingly take the Keith tuners off my 35 and I'm a true failing Jon Gomm wannabe :)

• I can't do that Gomm stuff, i'm a Nick Harper, RT kinda guy! Didn't even consider the pro's and con's of cedar over spruce....that'll be tonights googling then!
  • Check out the Lowden TV thing they have where George talks about the different tonewoods. Spruce is stiffer so you get more headroom and can dig in a bit. Cedar is softer and warmer. Redwood has the best of both :) Pierre Bensusan's original Old Lady was a Cedar top, but I was speaking to Dave Ingham recently (used to be Production Manager) and he was saying that Cedar can dull over the years, as Pierre's did. But it's subjective. Eric Roche had an O10 I think. Cedar top (which was well worn!) and I'm sure Pierre still makes the old Old Lady sound wonderful
  • I have watched the series of vids where George explains the different qualities, but i can't get anything from where he's tapping the samples!
    Without trying i'll never know, but it seems the only affordable examples turn up overseas!
  • woodywoody Frets: 74
    Check out donedeal.ie. there is an o32c for 2500 euros.. its spelt wrong.you wont find it unless you spell louden when using search engine.. good luck choosing.. that was my o32c for 2900 on adverts but you didnt make me a cash offer..went at 2400 in end,although you may get the one on donedeal cheaper with bit of haggling.. good luck with hunt..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks Woody.....i'm unsure of how that site works so procrastinated. I'll have a look later at the site you suggest. Cheers!!