Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Best "Outro" of a Song?

What's Hot

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6207

Steely Dan-Kid Charlemagne

Larry Carlton's outro solo pure magic.. starts at 3.55

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Starts at 1.19 ends at 2.55. Is that technically an outro? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10758
    The end of six degrees of inner turbulence - over a minute of a single chord decaying :) GENIUSES!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • equalsql said:

Steely Dan-Kid Charlemagne

Larry Carlton's outro solo pure magic.. starts at 3.55

Now we're talking!

Great Choice

Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Oooh tough one, but given that it's scientifically proven to have the best intro in the world already I'm gonna go with the alternating time sig bit at the end of davidian.

I rip off that idea pretty much constantly
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Starts at 1.19 ends at 2.55. Is that technically an outro? 

Go on then ;-)

Then I can have this one.

from 3:00 ish

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3340
    edited November 2013
    Good calls on Kid Charlemagne and the Journey one (there are others of theirs too BC, and Giant ) ;)

And while we're on Steely Dan, "Haitian Divorce" at 4.43 - same chord change as on the Eagle's outro for "I can't tell you why" and Fleetwood Mac's "Mystified"

Jellyfish's "New Mistake" - the build up from 2.54 and how each bit is added at every turn. In fact, have a listen to the whole song for a perfectly crafted pop toon! Great guitars too

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    Probably not alternative enough for you guys, and certainly not the best,  but what about RHCP Under The Bridge very simple but nice (from 4.03)

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6207
    Kebabkid said:

Jellyfish's "New Mistake" - the build up from 2.54 and how each bit is added at every turn. In fact, have a listen to the whole song for a perfectly crafted pop toon! Great guitars too.

Very nice that!  Never heard of this band before but will definitely be checking more of their stuff out. Have a wisdom on me for the heads up 

:D
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3953
    daveww said:
    Probably not alternative enough for you guys, and certainly not the best,  but what about RHCP Under The Bridge very simple but nice (from 4.03)

Nice but not a patch on SPS Dave.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8554
    I Am The Resurrection and Kid Charlemagne get my vote too.

And minus 1 for Layla, hate the outro.

Will add that Gary Moore's outro solo on Still Got the Blues is pure class, and reminds me of my youth.

And probably controversial but ive always love the last minute of this Coldplay song, a nice euphoric and very different end to a bland song. Listen from about 4:10.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3340
    equalsql said:
    Kebabkid said:

Jellyfish's "New Mistake" - the build up from 2.54 and how each bit is added at every turn. In fact, have a listen to the whole song for a perfectly crafted pop toon! Great guitars too.

Very nice that!  Never heard of this band before but will definitely be checking more of their stuff out. Have a wisdom on me for the heads up 

:D
    Glad you liked it equalsql and there was a thread about them recently. They had 2 main albums and were around in the 90s. They borrowed from The Beatles, Wings, 10cc, The Beach Boys and Queen and to this day, are probably the best live band I've ever seen with fantastic vocal harmonies too. Sadly, they were dropped by their label. Also worth checking out are the solo albums by their 2nd guitarist, Jason Falkner.
  • @daveww

RHCP definitely a good choice there, great backing vocals and like how it mellows out at the finish.

@Kebabkid

That's a good track by Jellyfish, there a new one on me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Teenage Fanclub. The Concept

Am I showing my age?
  • Teenage Fanclub. The Concept

Am I showing my age?
    Possibly. I've heard of Teenage Fanclub but never knowingly listened to any of their tracks. Which means they're after my time, hence you're showing that you're younger than me. Perhaps that's showing my age too.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Phil_aka_Pip;77364" said:
    NervousJohn said:

Teenage Fanclub. The Concept

Am I showing my age?

Possibly. I've heard of Teenage Fanclub but never knowingly listened to any of their tracks. Which means they're after my time, hence you're showing that you're younger than me. Perhaps that's showing my age too.
    You're in for a treat then. :)

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72815
    I've heard of Teenage Fanclub but never knowingly listened to any of their tracks.
    Ah… but you've probably *heard* a few Teenage Fanclub tracks - you just don't remember any of them.

They're an odd band - they have a lot of familiar-sounding almost-classic songs but yet have somehow managed to avoid writing anything with that one killer hook that makes a song really memorable. I really don't know why - I've got a couple of their albums and been to see them live twice as well, and they're a nice band to listen to and watch… but there's just something missing.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I remember this one quite well. Good tune.

Could have come straight out of the 60's.

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited November 2013
    @Kebabkid - cannot give you enough wisdoms for Jellyfish, this one is great too - from 2:45:

Also, 5:55:

Someone said it already but we need evidence - starts at 3:35. My favourite bit is when you can actually hear him change from the neck to bridge pickup at 4:13 - really gets going from then. One of the first solos that really made me sit up and listen, I think.

Also, literally the entire last half of this - start at 3:50 ish and listen till the end, it's magic. Those clean tones as well... wow.

And the best of all, the epic solo from 5:15:

- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3953
    I like that last one. It's excellent.