Studiomaster Series 5 16:8:2

What's Hot
Channel 6 is dead
The LED strip on group 5 has stopped working
Googled for help, what passes for Studiomaster these days is only a front for a chinese outfit that neither knows nor cares about original Studiomaster kit
Found these people ... have emailed them but still awaiting reply

Anyone know of repair shops closer to or even in Suffolk?

PS Paul Glazebrook in Ipswich has already told me he doesn't want to see my desk again
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    Whereabouts are you dude? I'm ex-Studiomaster myself (from before manufacture went to China), got a few schematics and stuff kicking around...
  • Bury St Edmunds. Aren't you in Walsall? Hey, if I drive the desk to Coalville in the van, it shouldn't be such a pain to move on to see you for buying your ValveState combo :) Means I'm travelling for more than one reason
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2086
    These were great desks...used one for years.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240 said:
    These were great desks...used one for years.
    yep, that's why I want to keep mine useable for as long as possible
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    Bury St Edmunds. Aren't you in Walsall? Hey, if I drive the desk to Coalville in the van, it shouldn't be such a pain to move on to see you for buying your ValveState combo :) Means I'm travelling for more than one reason
    Sorry dude, hadn't even clocked it was you! Yeah, if you want to bring it up to me I'll be happy to see what can be done with it - having looking through I don't have a schematic for that particular desk but a lot of Studiomaster stuff shared channel sections so I might be able to sort it with what I've got. I'll drop you a message...
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    edited September 2015
    Fixed - see also Recommended Amp Techs

Problem was not the electronics, but the insert jack - filthy contacts would you believe. tbh I've never used the insert on that channel.

Anyway he's told me how to get inside the desk, and sold me a can of switch cleaner, which I can also use to clean up any scratchy pots.

And I've resolved to use a dustcover on it when not in use ...

EDIT There was nothing wrong with the LED strip on Group 5. That was User Error, discovered just before I took the desk in for repair. There's a solo button on each group, and it was pressed in on Group 5. Returning it to its normal out position brought the LEDs back.